+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gross differences vs. minor differences

I'm Neil.

Tragically it's the recording itself that makes the biggest difference. Case in principle is listening to my (original) CD of Led Zeppelin IV and The Cure - Disintegration (remastered). Now I'm not usually a fan of remasters, but The Cure ones are excellent. Disintegration just pours out into the room, it's like the speakers aren't even there, just leaving music behind. Led Zeppelin's "IV" sounds like a bad tape recording, with hiss clearly apparent, harsh and flat as a pancake. No system is going to make this album sound excellent (although the tunes are legendary).
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Martin.

Led Zep never sounds 'right' on CD. Neither does Hendrix. Not sure why that is.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Nobody.

Im ordering the Three JH Experience 2012 Sony editions on CD, i'll let you know what they sound like..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123