+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Analysis Paralysis

I'm Nick.

Interesting comments Chris. You know, when I joined in May last year I didn't realise that AOS had only been around since February. It already a 'culture' that remains and that sets it apart from other forums. I've only been a member of the team since December, so on one hand feel like a new boy, but on the other feel like I've been around for ages! The existing mod team made me feel very welcome right form the get go. Great stuff.

In terms of what worked and what didn't, the culture / vibe of the forum is very much something that Marco, Rob and Steve wanted and worked on when they started AOS, and the thing that really makes it special.

One thing that didn't work is the Social Groups area. It was good for a while, but fizzled because the V-Bulletin software doesn't make it easy to find, and that was only made worse by the upgrade to the latest version of the software, which made it even harder to find and use!

The Social Groups area is still there but we're focussing our energies as a team on making the main part of the forum better. That said, the Social Groups area exists for members to use, and anyone who wants to is welcome to get stuck in. Check out the Noticeboard post from a whole back about what's there. If anyone is interested in taking over the Tape Group let me know and I'll had over the baton

The best thing?
    The vibe...

The worst thing?
    It's a shame when once regular posters drift away. You know who you are
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

I'm ChrisB.

Default .......One more question..........

I meant to ask & never did..........and it's this:

Is there anything in the evolution (so far) of the AoS that you didn't expect to happen that happened....and conversely........is there anything you expected to happen that didn't?

From my perspective, the things I didn't expect were:

1. For the music contributions to develop in the way they have .......and I guess a lot of that is down to John (good on yer, man).

2. For the contributions to be so broad & so deep. Many times, things go down one or the other of these routes, but almost never both.

3. For the respect that the members generally have for each others point of view.

I'd love to hear your thoughts.....

I'm ChrisB.

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post
    I meant to ask & never did..........and it's this:

Is there anything in the evolution (so far) of the AoS that you didn't expect to happen that happened....and conversely........is there anything you expected to happen that didn't?

From my perspective, the things I didn't expect were:

1. For the music contributions to develop in the way they have .......and I guess a lot of that is down to John (good on yer, man).

2. For the contributions to be so broad & so deep. Many times, things go down one or the other of these routes, but almost never both.

3. For the respect that the members generally have for each others point of view.

I'd love to hear your thoughts.....
    I've just re-read this & realised I didn't quite put question 2 as I meant it.
    It should read:

2. For the contributions to be so broad & so deep. Many times elsewhere, things go down one or the other of these routes, but almost never both.

..........not that you guys have answered any of the above!!!!!!!

Any thoughts?

Cheers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12