+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Rega Brio R Amp & DAC owner seeks advice

I'm Andrew.

Interesting that Rega changed the connector. I remember discussing a little while back that Rega appeared to have designed out their own upgrade cable and whether or not they felt, in that case, whether the cable option was worthwhile. Well they've designed it back in again now it would seem.

I'm Rich.

Still quite happy using my DIY clones for mains and ICs. Not heard owt better really. Gaz and others did quite a bit of research on this. Still can't bring myself to part with TQ money though.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Have the changed the DAC David? I must admit I find the size difference between the two boxes (Brio-R & DAC) a strange choice and cosmetically annoying if they are on show on top of a sideboard for instance.
    They changed the case and mains socket 3-4 months ago. In some markets it is difficult to sell half width products and half width with 2/3 depth is really pushing it. So, they started fitting the full depth case and then had space for the IEC socket. I believe they thought the smaller casework would better suit those using just a computer in the system.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12