+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Batty's boxes.

I'm Steve.

Default New Box X-Can v3

Steve.

Kit I have:
    CD player, TTs, Phono stages, Pre amps, Power amps, Integrated amps, DACs, Streamers, Speakers and a bunch of cables.

I'm Steve.

minidac.jpg

This DAC turned up from Paris today, quite impressed!
    Steve.

Kit I have:
    CD player, TTs, Phono stages, Pre amps, Power amps, Integrated amps, DACs, Streamers, Speakers and a bunch of cables.

I'm Steve.

Reviving my old thread seeing as things have changed a bit.

Amplifier has been upgraded to a Copland CSA29, I loved the 14, the 29 is similar but more of everything, the first thing I noticed was better bass grip.
    Since the CSA29 doesn't have the phono option (still looking) I tried a few, ended up with 2 as I'm running 2 TTs, the Vincent PHO-8 and an Akitika kit MM stage DIY jobber. Both great.
    I saved a Luxman PD264 from going to the skip, it had no arm or dustcover and I was given half of a Hadcock GH228 unipivot, the Luxman base was warped and soggy so the original was used as a template to make a new one from 6mm MDF and screwed that to the underside, this tightened the whole sound up, everything was just better, like a totally different TT. I was looking for parts on the internet for the arm and found a 95% complete one for $200, that has been to Glasgow for j7 to rewire with VdH, sounding good too.

I swapped the CSA14 for a CL-15 CDP , best sounding CDP I have heard so far.

I should post piccies too, I shall get around to that.

PC audio is handled by the Denon PMA250 II, a NOS 1453 Battery DAC and 1970 Wharfedale the model of which I have no idea, but they have a single 8" driver.
    I have an Azur 651A sitting doing nothing atm, I may use it in the lounge for 2.1 AV duties on the TV.
    Steve.

Kit I have:

I'm gone.

Piccies would be good.

It's interesting to read about the Luxman 264 tt - I bought one cos they just look so cool! - and I was hugely disappointed by the vague and woolly sound.
    Very interesting that better materials and I presume workmanship on the same basic design can give substantial improvements.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12