+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New and old Psychedelia - Far out!

I'm Josie.

Default New and old Psychedelia - Far out!

Hi all.

Just wanted to drop you some lysergic acid diethylamide..

If anyone watched Glastonbury (or was even cooler than me and was actually there) you might have seen this band:

GOAT...

An excellent set from their latest offering 'World Music' - I felt it was a refreshing start and a totally mad/crazy set from them that brings psychedelia in to 2013. Great album too. Released (like lots of bands are doing) on vinyl with limited pressings of different coloured wax. Black, Orange, Green, Blue, Yellow, Purple, Clear.. etc. The green one of having only 200 pressed (so they say).. me cynical of marketing?.. Well, I fell for it on release.

Jumping back 42 years I'd like to give you Brian Auger and the Trinity with the 1970 release of Befour.

A great hammond jazz experience. To those who haven't heard this album and like to freak out you can't do better than this.. well groovy. This album is without Jules from the much acclaimed album Open in 68. Another great funky trippy freak out album.

OW!

I'm Justin.

Holy lysergic encounters of the third kind Batman! The Auger tracks pushed me back into a 12 hour intergalactic synaesthesia filled relapse of unrivalled intensity.

Totally pissed Spotify doesn't have Befour, but Black Cat does appear on a Julie Driscoll collaboration called Open

Good stuff.

I'm Josie.

Heheh.. yeah, Open is a fabulous album. And the videos for the tracks with Jules are amazing even today... great!

I'm Nobody.

Brian Augur & the Trinity are top notch.. As for so called modern Psych. I don't think so somehow

I'm Justin.

I hate to say it but the Goat stuff is utter tripe.

I'm Josie.

That's ok matey.. lol. A bit nuts yes but full of expression I thought.

I'm Andy.

What about " One Million Billionth of a Millisecond on a Sunday Morning" as some new psychedelia?

Very good track.
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

I'm Nobody.

psychedelia lasted around 2 years around 46 years ago however some bands carried elements of it on crossover into the early prog field..

+ Reply to Thread