+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Newbie to forum, mddling years in audio

I'm Kevin.

Default Newbie to forum, mddling years in audio

Hi All,

My name is Kevin Harrison and I live in Pretoria, South Africa. I originally started with music when I was about 9 years and discovered that plugging normal speakers into the power outlet did not automatically turn them into electrostatic ones. Modified my first turntable when studying (22yrs) and have never looked back. My current system consists of (not in order of age or time of purchase):

Sota Comet with S-301 (Incognito loom) tonearm; Talisman Sapphire (VdH stylus); shortly to have Sumiko Blackbird or Dynavector DV20X2L put on
    CJ Walker 55 with Grace G-727 tonearm; 3 headshells a) Grace F9-Ruby, b)Talisman Aluminum/Sapphire & c)Zenn Boron/Ruby
    A few other TTs in process of restoring (Logic DM-101/FR64SE ; Thorens 124MkII/SME 3009 S2 ; Micro Seiki DD-100/MA-505 (needs lots of TLC); Ariston RD-11/Grace G-727 (also some TLC)
    Bellari SUT; Moth 30 Phono RIAA; NAIM Link MC Phono; and a few entry level others
    Luxman CL-34 preamp; Audion Megavox PreII preamp(to be rebuilt in short order);
    AudioLab 8200CDQ CD and preamp; Sony SCD-XA3000ES SACD player
    Bedini 25.25 power amp (needs PCBs replaced after being switched on for 90% of 25 years - power transistors already up to MJ802s and BC550/560 on input)
    QUAD ESL stacked pair (Wayne Picquet to refurb as funds available)
    Music taste = Classical (light to heavy), jazz, blues, rock, pop, C&W, swing, some Indie/alternative you name it I like it except for HipHop, rap and other forms of modern crud.
    Last edited by Ferret; 14-08-2013 at 17:56. Reason: Festina lente

I'm Paul.

Hi Kevin and welcome to the forum... Looks as though you have quite a nice system there, maybe you'll indulge us by putting some pics up in the http://theartofsound.net/forum/forum...14-The-Gallery forum

P.S. Looks like you also have a pretty eclectic taste in music

Paul.
    Streamer: NovaFidelity X40, Turntable: Rega RP3, Arm: Rega RB303, Cartridge: Audio Technica AT120E, Amp: Belles Aria, Loudspeakers: Quadral Aurum Montan VIII, Rack: Creaktiv Trend 1, Cables: Beresford, Chord, Coherent, MCRU, Rega, TCI.

synsei Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pjdowns View Post
    P.S. Looks like you also have a pretty eclectic taste in music

Paul.
    Plus an electric taste in speakers...

Hi Kevin and a big welcome from me too.

I'm Kevin.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I'll post some pics once I've got around to taking some half-way decent ones. 'Tis a bit electrifrying isn't it. Oh no.no.no don't get me started, funning can be quite punny. Darn, couldn't resistor it.
    Armaments, universal debt, and planned obsolescence--those are the three pillars of Western prosperity. —Aldous Huxley

+ Reply to Thread