+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Musicality

I'm Nodrog.

Interesting. I have downloaded a dozen pieces by Ana Vidovic from YouTube. In general, she is, of course, a brilliant guitarist. I do wonder though how much our opinions are swayed by, firstly the instrument and secondly by the recording. Most of the pieces I was underwhelmed by as she seemed to be missing some of the major balances between the accompaniment and the melody. Then again, on one piece, she was using a different guitar which had a balance that I would put nearer to neutral and suddenly, I could hear that she was, in fact, achieving a very good balance indeed and I could engage with her performance.

I guess this is a danger with live performance when both sound reinforcement and recording is going on. I haven't heard any of her studio recordings, so can't judge just how good she is.

Without trying to be too un-necessary, there are other bits beside her right hand that seem worthy of admiration

I'm ILOB.

For a lot of guitar players I know tone is essential and they will generally spend a lot of money to get that right. I quite Nicola Hall her tone is almost Django like on her first album its not for anyone like me she has a passion for the works for Sarasate
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123