+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Purple Iridium USB audio server connector - the final solution?

I'm Clive.

I've used the direct connector to great effect but I really needed a 90 degree angle version. The swivel type I found didn't work well, maybe the wires were screwed inside. I instead bought A and B usb plugs from Maplin, these are rather expensive at £1.89 each so £3.78 in total. http://www.maplin.co.uk/usb-2.0-plugs-219686

If you can solder then you can lash up something like this high priced alternative to Tim's suggestion.

TT 1 Trans-Fi Salvation with magnetic bearing + Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro + London Reference
    TT 2 Garrard 301 with NWA main bearing + Audiomods Series Six 10.5" + Ortofon 2M Mono SE
    Digital Lindemann Bridge + Gustard R26 with LB external clock
    Pre and Power Amp EWA M40P + M40A
    Bass Amp & DSP Behringer iNuke NU3000DSP x 2
    Speakers 1 Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo with twin baffleless 15" bass drivers per side
    Speakers 2 MarkaudioSota Viotti Tower

I'm ILOB.

Great one Clive
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm tony.

I had to put the v-link upside down with some blobs of blu tack holding it in place , the lap top just needed a magazine( motorcycle sport and leisure) under it to match up the heights- worked a treat......when my good lady came home put the USB back in place......sadly the sound didn't improve any with the cable back in play.

Thanks Tim for pointer..... best couple of quid upgrade made in some time (apart from the otex wax treatment one of the troops suggested- surprised at just how much my hearing was improved with a good de-wax)

although my wife has suggested it didn't work that well as I still don't hear most of what she says!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123