+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ozark Mountain Daredevil

I'm ChrisB.

Default Ozark Mountain Daredevil

OK guys, so I've got an unexplainable urge to buy an album by The Ozark Mtn Daredevils - I don't know why, but I think it's time I found out what they sound like.

Can anyone recommend an album?

........Beechy - your cuppa tea??
    ........John?

.............help!

I'm Nick.

They sound like they should be cool given the Ozark Mountain is in the Appalachians and I love old Appalachian folk music...

You should download and check out Spotify. It has a stack of their stuff on it to check out.

They ain't old Appalachian country They are 'southern fried rock' whatever that is. Think The Eagles, America, Lynyrd Skynyrd...
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

I'm ILOB.

I like Appalachian folk music too and even a bit of Southern rock every now and then but cannot help you out Chris Sorry
    I say read as many reviews and then go for the one you like!!
    Lets us know how it works out; it might be something I be interested in the future I check them out when I get home tonight no speakers on work computer
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm ChrisB.

Quote Originally Posted by Beechwoods View Post
    They sound like they should be cool given the Ozark Mountain is in the Appalachians and I love old Appalachian folk music...

They ain't old Appalachian country They are 'southern fried rock' whatever that is. Think The Eagles, America, Lynyrd Skynyrd...
    Yes, apparently it's a common misconception. I've heard them described as rock with country inflections. So, I'll perhaps have a crack at one album & report back. Watch this space (but not too hard........).

I'm Nick.

Rock with country inflections does it, Chris
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

I'm ILOB.

I might have a Southern rock themed night maybe a quick listen to Tuesday Gone by LS followed by Blackfoot Highway Song
    Neil Young has some intersting views about Southern Men
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm ChrisB.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I might have a Southern rock themed night maybe a quick listen to Tuesday Gone by LS followed by Blackfoot Highway Song
    Neil Young has some intersting views about Southern Men
    John, while you're listening to that LS album, give "Gimmee Two Steps" a listen too!

Funnily enough I had a bit of a session with Southern rock at the weekend - 'Second Helping' by LS, 'Bustin' Out' by Pure Prairie League and Rossington Collins Band 'Anytime, Anyplace, Anywhere' - maybe that's where I subconsiously got the notion about the Ozark Mtn Daredevils from.........

Hi Mr Wazoo,Have dug out 3lps.

Have just listened to them as not played for a long time.

They are not country,well not my country anyway.

The first one IT,LL SHINE WHEN IT SHINES.this has more country intruments than other 2lps and best of the 3 for me, made 1974. some tracks quite laid back sound.

2nd THE CAR OVER THE LAKE ALBUM more mainstream has saxaphone on some tracks,more harmonies.

3rd MEN FROM EARTH even more mainstream even more harmonies and sax. The harmonies get on my nerves after a couple of tracks. This one has my favourit photo cover two farmers.

If you want more countryish try NITTY GRITTY DIRT BAND better for me than ozarks.
    or for the best country rock try HANK WILLIAMS JUNIOR
    or more bluesy try ROCKIN JIMMY and the brothers of the Night

Happy listening richard

I'm ChrisB.

Thank Richard,
    Actually, I'd decided I was going to try the debut or THE CAR OVER THE LAKE ALBUM (maybe both).

I'll report back after a while............

I'm OneOfTheSevenModsWhoToldMarcoNotToLiftHarry'sBan.

Quote Originally Posted by richardm57 View Post

or more bluesy try ROCKIN JIMMY and the brothers of the Night

Happy listening richard

The only one I have is,'By The Light Of The Moon' and would highly recommend it.

The funky,'Little Rachel',is a top track.
    ATB

David

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast