+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sting !

I'm Graham.

I have bought the Oasis albums but never felt the urge to see them live - some very good tunes in the mix though

Main System
    FLAC -> Synology DS413j NAS -> SB Touch -> CA DacMagic -> Icon Audeo Sterio 40i -> LV Auditorium

Office System
    FLAC -> Ubuntu server running LMS -> SB3 -> Kenwood Amp (from the 80's) -> Mordaunt-Short MS.3.40

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpton_Rioter View Post
    growing up in the 80's I used to listen to The Police but never really took to listening to him solo and I dont think I missed anything but will checkout some stuff if there are any recomendations from the ones in the know .....
    Brand new day
    Superbly well made, as all of his stuff I've heard
    On Amazon for 1p
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMusic View Post
    On Amazon for 1p
    How much... That is extortionate!!
    Streamer: NovaFidelity X40, Turntable: Rega RP3, Arm: Rega RB303, Cartridge: Audio Technica AT120E, Amp: Belles Aria, Loudspeakers: Quadral Aurum Montan VIII, Rack: Creaktiv Trend 1, Cables: Beresford, Chord, Coherent, MCRU, Rega, TCI.

I'm stu.

Liked the first 2 police albums before they went rubbish.
    301/Puresound 2A3/quite large Grf cab horny ones.Eminence/Coral/Le cleach

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by chelsea View Post
    You should like this then

TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by chelsea View Post
    I do think Ghost In The machine is rather good as well and is their best recorded album. Frankly non of their stuff is realy bad though a few tunes bordering on the cringe worthy.

As for Sting Solo - Dream of the Blue Turtles I find rather too Jazzy. Nothing Like The Sun, The Soul Cages and Ten Summoners Tales are superb. After that a gradual decline. That Xmas album he did would have been good if they had used the live performances and other songs they did in the film. His other stuff still has a smattering of decent songs but tries to bow to modern trends. Couldn't be bothered with the lute music thing or orchestrated album. I believe an album of new stuff (written for a musical) is coming out soon.
    Last edited by Audioman; 08-08-2013 at 12:22.

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMusic View Post
    After finding them obnoxious I listened to Oasis

Nope.
    4th division Beatles
    Never could understand their popularity
    Oasis have a few good to great songs even if they basically copy bits of Beatles/Slade T Rex etc. Noel is so gobby big headed he drew attention by admitting it. The guy does have some talent though. Unfortunately they almost invented bad compressed/loud recording. Beady Eye shows how crap the rest are without NG.

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Audioman View Post
    Oasis have a few good to great songs even if they basically copy bits of Beatles/Slade T Rex etc. Noel is so gobby big headed he drew attention by admitting it. The guy does have some talent though. Unfortunately they almost invented bad compressed/loud recording. Beady Eye shows how crap the rest are without NG.
    A friend of mine thinks the sun shines out of the Gallagher brothers and says that Beady Eye are the best group out currently.... hmm I don't think so!!
    Streamer: NovaFidelity X40, Turntable: Rega RP3, Arm: Rega RB303, Cartridge: Audio Technica AT120E, Amp: Belles Aria, Loudspeakers: Quadral Aurum Montan VIII, Rack: Creaktiv Trend 1, Cables: Beresford, Chord, Coherent, MCRU, Rega, TCI.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Audioman View Post
    Tried watching them in concert once - and I do try as I have had many of my opinions totally overturned, Sting being one
    Nope, couldn't see (or hear) it
    Nothing there worth having

Mike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12