+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Slate/stone speaker cabinets.

I'm Steve.

Hi Clive.

Yep he is a very nice guy and keen to get involved directly with individuals wanting something special, and pricing is very good.

Only issue I have is moving the cabs he's building - 88kg EACH!

Quote Originally Posted by clive7164 View Post
    steve,
    I called up to see john at the slate place a couple of days ago and got a quote for the turntable plinth i am thinking of doing. He seems a nice bloke and definately knows what he is doing. Im going to see him next week to finalise things and order the plinth. Good price too.
    Clive
    Steve aka 'Twelvebears' (it's a long story)
    System: Technics 1210 Mk5, Jelco 750 arm, AT33EV via MF X-LP2 Phono Stage, Oyaide mat and record clamp. SB Touch via Marantz PM-11S1 amp and Wilson Benesch A.C.T. speakers. Mark Grant cables and PS Audio Power Plant Premier mains regenerator.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I'm Steve.

Default The excitement is building!

So in less than a week I'll have collected my new cabs from Johnslate up a Slate Age.

Everything is prepared for their arrival; crossovers are all wired up and ready to go, drivers are on the table ready to go in, and most importantly, the 150Kg platform trolley is in the hall so that I can actually move the things.

I've also booked an extra pair of hands to help get them out of the car as moving a box the same weight as myself is probably not something to tackle single-handed.

John has promised to take a series of photos during the final fabrication this week which I will post along with plenty of the finished article.

Very, very excited! Susy thinks it's a bit sad really but she's glad I'm happy.
    System: Technics 1210 Mk5, Jelco 750 arm, AT33EV via MF X-LP2 Phono Stage, Oyaide mat and record clamp. SB Touch via Marantz PM-11S1 amp and Wilson Benesch A.C.T. speakers. Mark Grant cables and PS Audio Power Plant Premier mains regenerator.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I'm Steve.

I look forward to the pics and a full report!!!
    They swim... the mark of Satan is upon them. They must hang.

FLAC / WDTV Live / Cambridge Audio / Tannoy VX12

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

A bit of useless information... Linn were looking at doing concrete cabs for a 'Brik like speaker, but i suspect the weight put them off. They settled for Ku-Stone blocks on the inner cabinet walls instead......
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Steve.

The one consolation is that in about 5 weeks we will be moving to what will probably be a very long term address, so at least I won't have to move them very often.....
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123