+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Family Wazoo in Montana

I'm ChrisB.

Default The Family Wazoo in Montana

This is perhaps the photo of which I'm most satisfied with, of all those I've ever taken - the getting of it was an achievement in itself.

This is The Glacier National Park in Northern Montana, a few summers ago.

It is close to Logan Pass on the 'Going to the Sun Highway'. There was a really moody sky & a storm on the way & I waited in this spot, perched on the side of the mountain just hoping I'd see the last few glimpses of daylight poking through the weather.

Fantastically, when they eventually appeared after what seemed like a very cold lifetime, they were beaming down at exactly the same angle as the mountainside on the other wall of the valley. Magical!

Tham thar hills is a little different to Lincolnshire!!

I'm Confused.

Thumbs up

Nice !!
    DaveK.

My System:
    Power: Belkin PF40, Custom.hifi.cables Hydra and DC PSUs.
    Sources: Self built HTPC with Xonar ST sound card, NAD T585 multi disc player, Sony BDP-S350, Squeezebox Touch, Techncs SL1210 (mod'd) + Nagaoka MP30, Thomson Sky HD box.
    Amps etc.: 2 x Mini-T amps, MF-X10D Valve buffer clone, StanDAC 7520/Caiman (mod'd).
    Speakers: Mission 774s with added super tweeters
    Cables: best I can afford and likely to change except Homar's RF attenuated co-ax's and Mark Grant USB and HDMI cables. I also like silver i/cs and speaker cable.

I'm Neil.

Fantastic photo Chris....

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

The rare times I see the rays like that I never seem to have a camera handy (or I'm driving in a place where there's no chance of pulling over!), great photo!

I'm ChrisB.

Default More Mountains............

This was a great trip - we took in a lot more than just Montana. We flew to Calgary, picked up our hire car, went to dinosaur country in the Badlands of Southern Alberta & then we rolled east through Medicine Hat & into Saskatchewan, then down into Montana & just into Wyoming.

The reason for going to Wyoming was so we could see the Grand Titon Mountains - a long held ambition for me. These are amazing mountains - they rise straight out of the valley bottom with no foothills.

This photo was taken about 50 miles outside of Jackson Hole.

........shame about the crap on the lens top right.

Jackson Hole was the fulcrum of the trip, so we went north east from there & into Idaho, back into Montana, Glacier National Park & then Calgary.

2 weeks - almost 3,000 miles - 1 driver

More from this trip to follow - Alien Landscapes next (and no, I don't mean Neil's back garden!!!!)

I'm Confused.

Thumbs up

Hi Chris,
    Nice photo.

The 'crap' that I can see is very minor and easily removed. I am no expert but I do have a computer programme (Adobe Elements) that could easily remove them without trace. If you care to send me a hard copy (for scanning, defects to be removed marked on reverse - hold up to light to see)) or would allow me to try to improve the image included with your posting I would be happy to try - can't do much for the negative or original file though but may be able to provide you with a better copy.
    Am about to go on holiday for 2 weeks so would not get done until late May.
    Let me know
    DaveK.

My System:
    Power: Belkin PF40, Custom.hifi.cables Hydra and DC PSUs.
    Sources: Self built HTPC with Xonar ST sound card, NAD T585 multi disc player, Sony BDP-S350, Squeezebox Touch, Techncs SL1210 (mod'd) + Nagaoka MP30, Thomson Sky HD box.
    Amps etc.: 2 x Mini-T amps, MF-X10D Valve buffer clone, StanDAC 7520/Caiman (mod'd).
    Speakers: Mission 774s with added super tweeters
    Cables: best I can afford and likely to change except Homar's RF attenuated co-ax's and Mark Grant USB and HDMI cables. I also like silver i/cs and speaker cable.

I'm ChrisB.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave&Sue View Post
    Hi Chris,
    Nice photo.

The 'crap' that I can see is very minor and easily removed. I am no expert but I do have a computer programme (Adobe Elements) that could easily remove them without trace. If you care to send me a hard copy (for scanning, defects to be removed marked on reverse - hold up to light to see)) or would allow me to try to improve the image included with your posting I would be happy to try - can't do much for the negative or original file though but may be able to provide you with a better copy.
    Am about to go on holiday for 2 weeks so would not get done until late May.
    Let me know
    Thanks for the offer, Dave. I've actually got something that'll do it...........when I get round to it.
    Cheers
    Chris

I'm Neil.

I thought at first it was one of those boomerang shaped UFO's. Those annoying Cyber Men at it again errrrrrrrrrrrr.

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

I'm ChrisB.

Default Alien Landscapes - Dalek's Backyard

Hey Neil,
    Do ya recognise this?

I'm Neil.

Nope

Episode of Star Trek perhaps ? Arena...

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

+ Reply to Thread