+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh man !!

I'm Dan.

Default Oh man !!

Still loving my old Quad 33 and 303 ive been putting them up against a lot of expensive gear some mega expensive and they still sounds bloody good,even my mates with their gear costings ££££'s are amazed by them, even think about selling their hifi. Just goes to show how good some old amps are and people spends loads trying to get the sound they want. No way im spending mega bucks anymore i dont need to. Just thought i would pass this on

I'm Dan.

+10
    Pre & Power
    Technics SUC 909U & Technics SE A909S
    Turntable
    Thorens TD 125 MK1 , SME 3009 S2 Non Improved , Shure V15 II , SME 2000 Plinth
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Marantz 6005 , Beresford Caiman , Paul Hynes SR4
    Loudspeakers
    Tannoy 615 MK2

I'm Nodrog.

Absolutely. I had to sell my 33/50Ds to fund some other stuff and I still miss them. I reckon its the rise of 'hi-fi' and forgetting about the music that is to blame. Plus, of course, how is anyone going to make any money if we all stick with what's good rather than new and shiny. That describes the sound of most of it to me too!!

I use valves and Quad57's - much too 'cuddly' for the hi-fi brigade. My wife came from huge SS amps and JBLs and is a total convert to the 'music'

synsei Guest

Although my QUAD 306 is a few generations on from your 303 Dan I feel exactly the same way and wouldn't swap it for the world, it does so much right

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Steadman View Post
    Absolutely. I had to sell my 33/50Ds to fund some other stuff and I still miss them. I reckon its the rise of 'hi-fi' and forgetting about the music that is to blame. Plus, of course, how is anyone going to make any money if we all stick with what's good rather than new and shiny. That describes the sound of most of it to me too!!

I use valves and Quad57's - much too 'cuddly' for the hi-fi brigade. My wife came from huge SS amps and JBLs and is a total convert to the 'music'
    There is nothing cuddly about a good valve amp and a pair of '57's. Just great music!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    There is nothing cuddly about a good valve amp and a pair of '57's. Just great music!
    Apology's in advance in case anybody feels slighted. I've heard the Quads many times and do like them, but to be honest, in my system I'm pretty sure the 33/303 combination would fall flat on its face compared to my reasonably modest amplification.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Geoff, my inbox has been cleared, did you receive the necessary?

I'm Geoff.

Geoff, my inbox has been cleared, did you receive the necessary?
    I PM'd you Ali! All OK.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Didn't get it! Just an email saying my inbox was full..

I'm Geoff.

Didn't get it! Just an email saying my inbox was full..
    You have a replacement PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast