+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Copy.com - 15GB free cloud storage (for music etc)

I'm Rob.

Post Copy.com - 15GB free cloud storage (for music etc)

Hope this is the right forum, but thought this might be of interest to digitally-minded folks. It looks to be more secure than Dropbox, and gives a lot more free space.

A standard account offers 15GB (plus an extra 5GB if you use the link below, which also gives me the same too).

https://copy.com?r=BrUyHe

(I'm not affiliated with this in any way but it looks quite slick and gives a generous amount of space that might be useful for moving large chunks of high res audio around, or even as a backup destination for a small library!)

I'm Paul.

Thanks Rob for the heads up, personally I don't bother storing music on tinternet but do backup via spare external drives.
    Streamer: NovaFidelity X40, Turntable: Rega RP3, Arm: Rega RB303, Cartridge: Audio Technica AT120E, Amp: Belles Aria, Loudspeakers: Quadral Aurum Montan VIII, Rack: Creaktiv Trend 1, Cables: Beresford, Chord, Coherent, MCRU, Rega, TCI.

I'm Will.

Quote Originally Posted by pjdowns View Post
    Thanks Rob for the heads up, personally I don't bother storing music on tinternet but do backup via spare external drives.
    No 'cloud' storage for me either Paul, I won't buy any mobile device that doesn't have an SD card on it either!!!

Thank heavens Samsung haven't succumbed to the 'cloud' storage vendors, and still provide an SD card option on their devices, both tablet & phone
    Cheers, Will

I'm Rob.

Default SD Cards are great...

... but so is getting into the office and finding all your files waiting for you, without needing to remember to carry physical media.

As ever, horses for courses

I'm Will.

Quote Originally Posted by dionisio View Post
    ... but so is getting into the office and finding all your files waiting for you, without needing to remember to carry physical media.

Indeed, I use google drive for this, and can therefore share files with any other gmail users at work...

But I always carry my HTC sensation phone, and I've got 64Gb on there should I choose to use it...oh and another 96Gb on my Samsung Note 8.0, oh and another 1Tb on my WD passport in my work bag, oh and then there's my USB flash....etc. etc. ad infinitum!

It's ironic that at the very time personal/local storage is at its cheapest and most portable, that the major players are trying to shove 'cloud' storage down our throats...

Kindle Fire (amazon) - No local storage
    Nexus (google) - No local storage
    iPad (apple) - No local storage

..I wonder why?
    Cheers, Will

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by dionisio View Post

Due to the nature of the business I work for this wouldn't be a possibility for me anyway so in some ways work is work and home is home as the phrase goes!
    Streamer: NovaFidelity X40, Turntable: Rega RP3, Arm: Rega RB303, Cartridge: Audio Technica AT120E, Amp: Belles Aria, Loudspeakers: Quadral Aurum Montan VIII, Rack: Creaktiv Trend 1, Cables: Beresford, Chord, Coherent, MCRU, Rega, TCI.

I'm Alan.

Thanks for that - very useful!
    Best regards, Alan
    Also playing on AudioChews

I'm george.

++1 thanks

+ Reply to Thread