+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are you a lunatic with a Leica or clutz with a Canon?

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Obviously my attempt at humour slipped past you unnoticed!

'opeless, to fit with 'Olympus'...

It's ok, it's a British thing!

Marco.

P.S You may wish to re-read the bit where I said that the 'hopeless' didn't apply to you
    Sorry... Yeah, it slipped by me. A little bit of the British thing (which is odd since I love British humor), and the fact my mind is going in a hundred different directions today. Mainly day dreaming about my girlfriend.

I'm joe.

I'll have to put my foot down ...

Ummm... both!

Here's the Leica, taken with the Canon, sitting on top of a Tannoy.

Here's a hifi related one:

Last edited by i_should_coco; 31-05-2009 at 16:12.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Now that's a proper camera, Pete - none of yer modern plastic digital shite!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Yeah, it's a lovely thing, with a completely different purpose to the Canon, no frippery, just small light and simple.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

The overall style and build of it is just fantastic - I just love bespoke hand-built items of quality. I hate with a passion how everything looks the same today due to mass production, and also how this impacts in our plastic, disposable society!!

I bet that the quality of lens the Leica uses is better than most of what's made today, too!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by i_should_coco View Post
    Ummm... both!

Here's the Leica, taken with the Canon, sitting on top of a Tannoy.

Here's a hifi related one:

frame counter under shutter release/film advance... looks like an m2 to me, very nice!
    im an m6 man my self as i prefer to have the built in meter.. im lazy!
    you ever had a go with an epson r-d1?

what lens did you take the picture of the cartridge with is it a very tight dof or is it a selective focus lens?

Quote Originally Posted by hamish_gill View Post
    frame counter under shutter release/film advance... looks like an m2 to me, very nice!
    im an m6 man my self as i prefer to have the built in meter.. im lazy!
    you ever had a go with an epson r-d1?

what lens did you take the picture of the cartridge with is it a very tight dof or is it a selective focus lens?
    Yep, it's an M2! I would love an M8 for convenience, just so I can use those lenses or the M6 with TTL metering would be nice.

The cart photo is with my 5D using the 50mm f/1.0. (not a typo )

Here are some more with the f/1.0...

Last edited by i_should_coco; 01-06-2009 at 19:27.

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by i_should_coco View Post
    Yep, it's an M2! I would love an M8 for convenience, just so I can use those lenses or the M6 with TTL metering would be nice.

The cart photo is with my 5D using the 50mm f/1.0. (not a typo )
    50mm f/1.0 eh
    i thought you might have taken it with the leica 50mm 1.0 then i would have been very jelous!!

this is a shot with my nikon 50mm 1.2

this is taken with a selective focus lens if your interested:

and just for luck, one with the stunning 50mm sumicron

if you would like an m8 but cant justify the expense i would see if you can find your self a second hand epson r-d1

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/re...pson-rd1.shtml

paid £800 for mine, not much more cost than a boxed m6 would set you back
    with all the features and more of an m8

beautifull bit of kit!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast