+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are you a lunatic with a Leica or clutz with a Canon?

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

HAHAHAHA...ya wee nightmare!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Let's see it!

Marco.
    Lunatic with Leica(s). I'm also an 'eediot' with Exacta(s).

Barry

I'm OneOfTheSevenModsWhoToldMarcoNotToLiftHarry'sBan.

HAHAHAHA...ya wee nightmare!

Marco.

Oops,sorry.

Here ya go

ATB

David

I guess I am "optical" with Olympus...

I'm David.

I am actually a ninja with a nikon, Fact!

Hehehehe... Nice one, Hamish

I guess I am "optical" with Olympus...
    Hi Charles,

I'd say 'opeless with an Olympus', but that obviously doesn't apply to you!

How come you didn't end up as 'dinner' for the croc?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm David.

^--- see told ya.. thats me that is

Hehehehe... Nice one, Hamish

Hi Charles,

I'd say 'opeless with an Olympus', but that obviously doesn't apply to you!

How come you didn't end up as 'dinner' for the croc?

Marco.
    I'm assuming you mean "hopeless"??... And if so, why would you say that?

The alligators don't care about us walking around, even at less than 15 feet away. Their bellies are already full. They just lay around soaking up the sun.

I'm ChrisB.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesT View Post
    The alligators don't care about us walking around, even at less than 15 feet away. Their bellies are already full. They just lay around soaking up the sun.
    Regarding crocs, alligators & things with big scary teeth:

I lived in Central Africa in the mid-70's & some friends of the family were going to have a big barbeque party so we decided to go on a bush-trip to get the meat. The meat was to be a couple of goats & we'd heard of a village about 4 hours drive away where a guy had some for sale.

The local District Commissioner (a bit like the Mayor) got to hear of our impending trip & we got a message to pick up a police officer & one other person at 7:30 who'd be waiting for us by a roundabout near to the Boma (cop-shop).

When our convoy of pick-ups & Land Rovers got there, we saw the policeman & he was sitting in the shade of a tree, pointing his rifle at a poor wretched guy who was out in the sun & handcuffed to a signpost.

It turned out that the prisoner was to go with the policeman to pick up some trial evidence from his home village near to our destination. So they got in the pick-up I was the passenger in & the prisoner was handcuffed to the bars just behind my seat. The copper sat with his back against the tailboard pointing his rifle at the poor guy (who wasn't going anywhere) as we bounced across the rocky roads & tracks towards our destination. Of course, the prisoner & I were both equally anxious that the rifle had it's safety catch engaged & that it worked properly.

When we were getting quite close to our destination, we came to a river that needed fording so everyone but the drivers got out so the vehicles could cross one by one, with the passengers wading across to push if necessary. So we're about to set off & the policeman shouts for everyone to stop - "Prisoner goes first....he check for crocodiles"

We got across the river without seeing crocs & when we did the deal for the goats, we picked up the prisoner's booty from his father's hut in his village - it was some stuff that wouldn't even turn up in a car boot sale here because it was so ratty - But then life is unfortunately very cheap in Africa.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesT View Post
    I'm assuming you mean "hopeless"??... And if so, why would you say that?
    Obviously my attempt at humour slipped past you unnoticed!

'opeless, to fit with 'Olympus'...

It's ok, it's a British thing!

Marco.

P.S You may wish to re-read the bit where I said that the 'hopeless' didn't apply to you
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast