+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Journeys end...?

I'm Martin.

I didn't realise so much time had passed since I last posted on here...

Here's the new hi fi rack, made from Australian Blackwood to my specification:

thumbnail_IMG_6046 by Martin Johnson, on Flickr

It's a real looker.

Below is a sample of the isolation racks. There are nine in total, what I love is the white pattern matches the top shelf of the rack :

thumbnail_IMG_6049 by Martin Johnson, on Flickr
    Speakers: Usher mini dancer II DMD
    Preamp: MFA Baby reference mk ii TVC
    Amp: Sanders Magtech
    DAC: Longdog VDT1 transformer coupled DAC
    Source: Self built PC (SOtM pcie usb output card with upgraded ultra low jitter clock card, Paul Pang RAM, pure SSD, passive cooling & Paul Hynes Audio SR7EHD psu providing power on separate rails to each SSD, the CPU and SOtM card)
    Power: Isotek Aquarius Evo3 (Schuko)
    Cables: Speaker cables - TQ Ultra Black, Interconnects - SLIC Innovations Eclipse C x2, Curious USB cable x3
    Ancilleries: USB regen, Acoustic Revive rgc24 under dac, Acoustic Revive QR - 8 (inside DAC) Stillpoints under amp, Shunyata darkfield v2 elevators under cables, Franc Audio isolation platforms under speakers, RDC combi-bases and spikes under oak platforms on everything, Hi fi Tuning Supreme throughout, Akiko Audio Tuning Sticks on speaker cables and inside DAC
    Software: JRiver MC21, Dirac room correction

I'm Justin.

Nice rack.
    "I've got my giant hits discotheque album. I empty a bottle - I feel a bit free."

I'm Jerry.

I bet you say that to all the boys.

But yes, very nice.
    Jerry

Qobuz Hifi / Spotify Premium streaming, SMSL M8 DAC + L-PSU, Herron VTSP-2 valve preamp, Trigon TRE 50 monoblocks, MBL 116F.

Cables: Wireworld Starlight USB, Ixos Ixotica i/c, W&M speaker cables, Belden 19364 mains cables

I'm Justin.

As the bishop said to the actress.

Getting a carpenter to do you a nice rack has to be the way to go.
    "I've got my giant hits discotheque album. I empty a bottle - I feel a bit free."

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    As the bishop said to the actress.

Getting a carpenter to do you a nice rack has to be the way to go.
    Absolutely, the workmanship is excellent (All of the joints are mortice and tenon) and the VFM is better than a lot of store bought stuff. Plus, it's nice to have something completely unique.

In other news, it seems the journey doesn't end... I sold my Usher Mini Dancer 2s a while back (puppy Rottweiler made it too scary to own them lol). I've been lent a pair of Usher S520 as stand in replacements and... I just miss big speakers.

So, where next on my journey? Well, I didn't want to take another step backwards and so I'm currently in the process of getting something rather better than my Mini Dancers... I'll post back with news soon.
    Source: Self built PC (SOtM pcie usb output card with upgraded ultra low jitter clock card, Paul Pang RAM, pure SSD, passive cooling & Paul Hynes Audio SR7EHD psu providing power on separate rails to each SSD, the CPU and SOtM card)
    Cables: Speaker cables - TQ Ultra Black, Interconnects - SLIC Innovations Eclipse C x2, Curious USB cable x3
    Ancilleries: USB regen, Acoustic Revive rgc24 under dac, Acoustic Revive QR - 8 (inside DAC) Stillpoints under amp, Shunyata darkfield v2 elevators under cables, Franc Audio isolation platforms under speakers, RDC combi-bases and spikes under oak platforms on everything, Hi fi Tuning Supreme throughout, Akiko Audio Tuning Sticks on speaker cables and inside DAC

I'm Martin.

Sneak preview...

IMG_1407 by Martin Johnson, on Flickr

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

That's gorgeous looking wood, Martin. I've not seen it before. Love the colours!

So will you be stacking the racks, as shown in the picture, or putting them side by side? Or indeed, is that the rack now built that way? If so, I fully approve, as taller racks are much better for facilitating proper cable management, which is important in any good system.

Bundles of 'spaghetti', strewn all over the floor, definitely isn't sonically optimal.... Anyway, enjoy!

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

BE HAPPY EVERYDAY!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223