+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Journeys end...?

I'm fuckoff.

I recently spoke to Roger Sanders about the heat of my Magtech amp and he sent out replacement parts for me to put in. Upon opening the amp I discovered that the caps were leaking and now my system is out of action until repaired

Currently my hi fi consists of my flat screen TV; I can't wait to get everything fixed again! I keep wanting to ask the MS if she'd like to lay on the sofa and listen to some music and then I remember...

I'm Geoff.

It pays to keep a half decent integrated amp tucked away as a back up. Hope you get the Magtech sorted soon.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm gone.

Shame you're on t'other side of the world, otherwise I'd be happy to send you a loaner amp to keep you going, Martin.

I'm fuckoff.

Thanks gents - appreciate it

I tell you what's been really interesting; having to go back to standard TV audio.

I knew for music it wouldn't be nice at all (bass... what was that again?) but watching films is actually a lot like hard work now! What I mean is in films, when it gets loud, the distortion is actually really uncomfortable (I'm the same as most others; grew up with this kind of sound) to the point of having to turn it down. Of course, when it gets quiet and people are just talking, you then can't hear anything and have to turn the bloody thing up again! It's been educational to get used to how good things sound, then have it taken away (I never realised that "normal sound'' could be just so fatiguing). So in a perverse way (like a scientist that's happy to use himself for his own sick experiments) I've quite enjoyed the (forced) comparison

I also listened to some music for a laugh and I have to admit although it sounds like a poor copy of what I'm used to, I can see how for light listening (where you're in the same room as the music), you really don't need all of what I've got and this is probably why our hobby isn't so mainstream. If only people knew...

I'm fuckoff.

Inbox cleared btw

I'm fuckoff.

A long while ago, I promised myself at the beginning of my latest PC build i wouldn't mess about with software until my hardware was sorted. Anyway, I was bored one evening, a few whiskys later and I thought what heck? (It's always how it starts with me).

I purchased Process Lasso and Fidelizer as i read they work great together.

This is how I set them up:

Process Lasso:

Dedicating two (of the four physical) cores of my I7 6700T, strictly to audio duties (Dirac, Jriver, Lasso and Fidelizer)
    Exempting said processes from any kind of throttling
    Turning the PC to 'game mode' (essentially turns off all power saving features and throttles). Don't stare at me, the cpu is 35W under load anyway!

Fidelizer:

Run it in Audiophile mode and told it to load Jriver as my preferred player.

Simple as that. Yes, Dirac works perfectly too.

After set up I'm impressed with the result, which is essentially a lowered noise floor. This translates into clearer, more natural sound from top to bottom. New details I've not heard before appearing in the 'right' way; not etched and ear searing, rather an overall ease to the sound where things fall into place. The most similar experience I can liken it to is when I first installed the SOtM card and secondly it's upgrade clock, each time the music relaxed, losing some of that 'uptight' signature associated with digital (I think this is a spectrum, it's not binary and no, the pun wasn't intended).

I don't know how well this would work in any other system, but on my W10 PC in my system, it was well worth the modest outlay.

My conclusion?

Drink more whisky.

I'm fuckoff.

Ps. Turned purist mode on in Fidelizer and the uptick in sq is more than noticeable, it's worthwhile.

I'm fuckoff.

Mods can you delete this thread please? Tired of talking to myself.

I'm Grant.

dont delete threads Martin. Your not speaking to self. folk read it and often reply too.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Brian.

Been reading this thread with interest Martin . Sorry should have posted something up to that effect

Missed your post on Fidelizer , however , I agree with your findings
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast