I may have to re-engineer my layout for various reasons
    Good luck with that, Mike

I'm fuckoff.

Just popped them in:

*7 on each speaker cable
    *2 on the mains lead feeding the mains conditioner
    *1 on linear PSU feeding ifi
    *1 on linear PSU feeding PC

The effect isn't subtle, this was what happens when I linear paid everything I could: a dramatic reduction in the noise floor, sounds like the music's got more room the breathe (and bigger lungs lol).

These are definitely keepers

I'm kinda thinking wheres all the pain with these upgrades? Apart from the money that is

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    The central problem with the conventional model is that elevating a cable from the floor with an electrical insulator creates a relative static charge differential between the cable and floor. Over a period of time this static differential can become enormous -- sometimes exceeding tens of thousands of volts.

Hmmm.....
    First time I've seen bollocks spelt that way!

I'm fuckoff.

You leave my relative static charge... differential alone!

I'm Richard.

I don't mean to rain on your parade. I'm pleased they were money well spent for you. I won't even question the burnin or challenge the vfm of the cable. I will as a question of fact , showing myself as a tedious pedant, promise you they don't extend the bass by two octaves. Or one octave, or a minor 2nd.

I'm fuckoff.

Were talking about two different things I think.

But I understand what you're saying. Okay, bass is 'better' lol.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    Good luck with that, Mike
    Lots and lots of thinking which usually ends in
    "can't do that"
    At least now I'm settled I can look at permanent fixes.
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by realysm42 View Post
    Just popped them in:

*7 on each speaker cable
    *2 on the mains lead feeding the mains conditioner
    *1 on linear PSU feeding ifi
    *1 on linear PSU feeding PC

The effect isn't subtle, this was what happens when I linear paid everything I could: a dramatic reduction in the noise floor, sounds like the music's got more room the breathe (and bigger lungs lol).

These are definitely keepers

I'm kinda thinking wheres all the pain with these upgrades? Apart from the money that is
    Wow. Another odd one
    Money usually is the way to upgrades, better than spending and no upgrade of course
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    The central problem with the conventional model is that elevating a cable from the floor with an electrical insulator creates a relative static charge differential between the cable and floor. Over a period of time this static differential can become enormous -- sometimes exceeding tens of thousands of volts.

Hmmm.....
    Agreed - a total load of "technobollocks". And since when could a static field or signal modulate anything?

But just wait until those cable supports have 'burnt in'!
    Barry

I'm fuckoff.

I'm not going to try to explain how they work as I frankly haven't a clue but they are excellent, there's a market for them and I'd be getting rid of them sharpish if they weren't effective.

I've taken punts on things before and they didn't work out for me, for example, the Townshend super tweeter, I tried and tried and was never sure if they helped. At their price (even second hand, which mine were) "might help" isn't good enough, so off they went.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast