+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Journeys end...?

I'm Andrei.

Quote Originally Posted by realysm42 View Post
    ***Update***
    I can confirm that just being within about 3 metres of the cables, women find me more attractive and I've just been promoted. Also, the dead plant in the office has come back to life!
    LOL! I know the plant you are referring to - it is a Lazarus. They can only come back to life a maximum of two times.
    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Sources:[/B] [B]1[/B][/COLOR] PC & Wyred4Sound DAC-2 DSDse   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]2[/B][/COLOR] Oppo BDP105   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]3[/B][/COLOR] Technics SL·1210 MK5 (Jelco 750D · Benz Wood).    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speaker Cable[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=black]Nordost Frey.[/COLOR]    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Interconnects [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Oyaide[/COLOR][COLOR=black] & [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Geisha [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Silver.
    [/COLOR][B][COLOR=#a52a2a]Phono Stage [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black]Fosgate Signature V2. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Preamp [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Ayon Eris[/COLOR][COLOR=black]. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Power Amp[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]ATC P1. [/COLOR]  ​ [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speakers[/B][/COLOR] Triangle Magellan Cello.     [COLOR=#A9A9A9]Oh Sting, where is thy death?[/COLOR]

I'm fuckoff.

First nights thoughts:

Build is nice, heavy shielding but flexible. They have the a very slight roughness, being fresh cables, but that's expected and OK, I reckon this is what can put some people off of tq gear, ime 30 hours in and you're sorted.

The amount of sound they pick out at both macro and micro is frankly astonishing, impressive considering they replaced heavily shielded 5n purity silver xlrs. Speaking of which, the rca connectors are novel and ensure a very secure grip.

I've not twisted them yet, or cleaned with deoxit and rthe contact enhancer, so expecting more from those tweaks.

One thing that really stands out is the added inflections of instruments being played, very nice to hear so much more I just didn't know existed. Decays on strings and pianos last longer and Voices have taken a slight step back, perhaps what I had before was ever so slightly forward?

Timing has tightened up and yet everything just flows. I've said a lot about detail, these are very revealing but not fatiguing to listen to.

Re bass, these things reach an octave or two lower it seems but it remains firmly in control and textured, impressive. I wonder what a few good days of listening will do for them.

So early impressions are extremely positive, I'm genuinely excited to see what happens with the pre chucked in.

I hope that sounds like a shill so our friends at non value add (nva) forums have a giggle

I'm Martin.

I hope that sounds like a shill so our friends at non value add (nva) forums have a giggle
    I think you've done a good job but personally I would have really pushed the boat out and gone for three additional octaves of bass
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I think you've done a good job but personally I would have really pushed the boat out and gone for three additional octaves of bass
    What about

"better than sex" ?

TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm fuckoff.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMusic View Post
    What about

"better than sex" ?

One thing at a time

I woke up earlier this morning to sneak a quick listen in

Also taken delivery of these:

http://www.shunyata.com/Content/products-DFEv2.html

I bought a pack of 6 before and put 3 on each speaker length. The packet I got today is of 12.

The effect on the sound is subtle (it builds with more in the system and can be overdone, apparently) but they lower background noise and allow more music through. Instruments appear to have more body and things don't sound as 'stressed'. I've not tried them on power leads or interconnects yet, but now I've got enough to play with, I can do some experimenting.

I don't know if raising cables from the floor in itself makes a difference, the "foo" with these can be read on the site, they say there's more to their design than that and I like what I've heard so far. Interesting kit.

I'm Martin.

The central problem with the conventional model is that elevating a cable from the floor with an electrical insulator creates a relative static charge differential between the cable and floor. Over a period of time this static differential can become enormous -- sometimes exceeding tens of thousands of volts.

Hmmm.....
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Mike.

One thing at a time

I woke up earlier this morning to sneak a quick listen in

Also taken delivery of these:

http://www.shunyata.com/Content/products-DFEv2.html

I bought a pack of 6 before and put 3 on each speaker length. The packet I got today is of 12.

The effect on the sound is subtle (it builds with more in the system and can be overdone, apparently) but they lower background noise and allow more music through. Instruments appear to have more body and things don't sound as 'stressed'. I've not tried them on power leads or interconnects yet, but now I've got enough to play with, I can do some experimenting.

I don't know if raising cables from the floor in itself makes a difference, the "foo" with these can be read on the site, they say there's more to their design than that and I like what I've heard so far. Interesting kit.
    If you can come over one of the things I can show you is an interesting load of cables.
    This will improve, currently is 'not best practice'.
    Just thinking, it has improved as I have cut down the amount of cables I have with recent upgrades.
    Work to do
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm fuckoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    The central problem with the conventional model is that elevating a cable from the floor with an electrical insulator creates a relative static charge differential between the cable and floor. Over a period of time this static differential can become enormous -- sometimes exceeding tens of thousands of volts.

Hmmm.....
    Sounds like a load of BS, doesn't it. It might be (I'm not qualified to know).

My brother laughed at me (and I laughed whilst explaining - poorly, what they're meant to do).

Having said all of that, I gave them a go and I'm happy I did.

Mike - Sounds good mate, I'll bring some of these cable elevators round for a laugh as well

I'm Mike.

Mike - Sounds good mate, I'll bring some of these cable elevators round for a laugh as well
    Hah !
    Got to to fit them in somehow. Most of the lengths snake around under Mana stands.
    I may have to re-engineer my layout for various reasons

Mike

I'm fuckoff.

I think it's more important to have them in contact rather than elevating them from anything, I might be wrong and will work on this theory tonight.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast