+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello

I'm Kevin.

Smile Hello

Hi everyone

My names Kevin, i was bought to this site due to my interest in setting myself up with a half decent system to play my vinyls on, only ever having the traditional music system but am now interested in expanding a bit further, having heard music through some vintage Quad amps now have my eyes on a set and am on the lookout for a reasonable turntable, also preferably vintage

Look forward to making contact with a few of you

Regards

Kevin

synsei Guest

Hello Kevin and welcome to AoS. You will find a wealth of information on here and members with plenty of experience who will be able to help with your future choices

I'm Paul.

Hi Kevin and welcome to the forum.

As Dave describes, you will find more information that you know what to do with on this forum if you so wish.

Paul.
    Streamer: NovaFidelity X40, Turntable: Rega RP3, Arm: Rega RB303, Cartridge: Audio Technica AT120E, Amp: Belles Aria, Loudspeakers: Quadral Aurum Montan VIII, Rack: Creaktiv Trend 1, Cables: Beresford, Chord, Coherent, MCRU, Rega, TCI.

I'm ChrisB.

hi Kevin,
    Welcome to AoS - what sort of music do you like to listen to, I wonder?

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Kevin,

What sort of music will you play through your vintage Quad amps? What vintage turntable do you have in mind: Garrard, Goldring, Dual, Thorens?

Enjoy the forum
    Barry

I'm Kevin.

Default Thanks

Hi

Thanks to everyone for the welcome, i listen to a wide range of music, as for turntable, well i currently only own a cheap basic type but am open to suggestions as what to look out for, i would prefer a vintage but after searching and monitoring the ones on that well known auction site have got myself totally confused and slightly disappointed by the silly prices they are reaching,i have just started keeping my eyes open on this site, my budget is not that great but will stretch if i can find something reasonable, as i said in my introduction i have heard the quad 304/306 amp combination and was really impressed ( or was that just that i am not used to hearing something a bit better than i currently own) what does anyone think? maybe someone could offer alternatives, i am not in any particular rush, and would like to spend my money wisely

Regards Kevin

+ Reply to Thread