+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My new roof......

I'm Nodrog.

Default My new roof......

........had a little test last night. We have been promised light rain for tomorrow for the last two weeks!!! Nowt.

Whilst the main roof is done, the fillets at the side are awaiting some zinc to replace them as our local supplier is OOS. This morning, we were going into town to get some from one of the big DIY places.

We are still going but the Meteo let us down big time. Sprinkles it was not. Tropical storm more like. Constant thunder and lightning and the heavens opened for two hours. Not quite the sort of test I was hoping for. There were, as expected, a few damp patches but it could have been far worse. The cement fillets were cracked because the intense heat had dried out the cement too quickly. Surprisingly, the bit around the woodburner chimney was fine.

I hate building work, its well outside my comfort zone but needs must at times. Wish I could stick to woodwork

I'm Richard.

Bother! It'll mend. There must be a bottle in a cupboard somewhere

I'm Alan.

We had the storms early this morning as well, quite noisy

Alan
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Nodrog.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldpinkman View Post
    Bother! It'll mend. There must be a bottle in a cupboard somewhere
    The brandy at 4am certainly helped the mood

Alan, yup, the noise was fantastic, the storm passed right overhead and the lightning was just like a strobe going. All three cats asked for access to our bed and crawled under the covers (we didn't, it was too damned hot) for a bit of comfort.

Just back from town and all the big places are out of zinc as well. This is roofing time of course with the long spells of sun. I might have to go to lead at this rate but that would mean a third mortgage

+ Reply to Thread