+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What to buy: Roxy Music, Japan, Duran Duran

I'm Lee.

Default What to buy: Roxy Music, Japan, Duran Duran

I'm looking to buy compilation discs of Roxy Music and Japan. I have no RM, but I do have Tin Drum and Polaroids by Japan. I know they both have best ofs but which is the best one to buy? Happy to hear of best album also for RM.

Also, I'd like get the first 2 Duran albums, Eponymous and Rio. I've read that the remasters are terrible with regard to the original albums but good for the extra tracks. Anyone have any thoughts on those? Maybe get the pre-remastered sets and supplement them with the Singles 81-85 set?

Cheers
    Lee

Independent Apple tech support guy at Macnology

Gear: iMac > ALAC > Airport Express > Beresford Caiman DAC > Mark Grant IC > Audiolab 8000S > Chord Rumour Speaker Cable > Dynaudio Audience 42 Speakers > Grado SR80 Headphones

Vinyl: 90's Rega Planar 2, RB250, Bias Cart, Rega Fono Mini

Last.fm

I'm Mike.

Essential Roxy for me, buy full albums
    Roxy Music (1st)
    Country Life
    Siren
    Stranded

just behind
    For you pleasure

Know little of Japan or the Durans
    Last edited by MikeMusic; 24-07-2013 at 07:27. Reason: typo
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Paul.

I've got these compilations;

They are all good albums, the first two are on CD and the third is on Vinyl
    Streamer: NovaFidelity X40, Turntable: Rega RP3, Arm: Rega RB303, Cartridge: Audio Technica AT120E, Amp: Belles Aria, Loudspeakers: Quadral Aurum Montan VIII, Rack: Creaktiv Trend 1, Cables: Beresford, Chord, Coherent, MCRU, Rega, TCI.

I'm Christopher.

I have the first two Duran albums on CD bought in the last ten years and will dig them out and have a look to see which they are.
    The Mrs has the originals on vinyl from back in the day but I'm sure they are at my parents' house, not here.
    Best Wishes
    Christopher D
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main System: Vinyl - Technics SL1200 Mk1, Technics Mk2 Headshell , Audio Technica AT_VM95C, Cambridge Audio Azur 551P Phono Stage: CD - Marantz CD 6005: Amp - Cambridge Audio Azur 351A: Speakers - B&W DM600
    Second System (WIP) : CD - NAD C 521i : Cassette - Technics RS-BX404: Amp - Technics SU-V470 PXS : Speakers - Wharfdale Laser 60
    Streaming: Audio Interface - Focusrite Scarlett 8i6: Active Monitors - Adam Audio T5V

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

The 1980's Roxy Music best-of has boosted treble, tolerable on the vinyl but horrid on CD. The later Brian Ferry & Roxy Music compilation is much better IIRC although I haven't played it in ages.
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm stu.

I have about 5 Japan albums on vinyl that i was going to sell.
    301/Puresound 2A3/quite large Grf cab horny ones.Eminence/Coral/Le cleach

I'm Lee.

Thanks chaps.
    Lee

Independent Apple tech support guy at Macnology

Gear: iMac > ALAC > Airport Express > Beresford Caiman DAC > Mark Grant IC > Audiolab 8000S > Chord Rumour Speaker Cable > Dynaudio Audience 42 Speakers > Grado SR80 Headphones

Vinyl: 90's Rega Planar 2, RB250, Bias Cart, Rega Fono Mini

Last.fm

+ Reply to Thread