+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Luke chapter 2 verse 10

synsei Guest

My apologies Chris. Sorry for crapping on your thread Richard

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by synsei View Post
    My apologies Chris. Sorry for crapping on your thread Richard
    No worries Dave. It was just intended for a bit of light-hearted fun. This music stuff is supposed to be fun isn't it? And it was a PT tradition to be enigmatic. I am colossally arrogant, but don't mind at all if others want to ignore my ramblings and read something else. Where does the name Synsei come from? And what happened to the Japanese totty on your avatar?

synsei Guest

Years ago I used to play an MMORPG called Anarchy Online and Synsei was one of my main characters in the game. It doesn't mean anything at all, I made it up

The totty is the main character from the film Cloud Atlas, she may re-emerge at some point

Quote Originally Posted by Oldpinkman View Post
    Where does the name Synsei come from? And what happened to the Japanese totty on your avatar?
    The original handle Sensei was reserved by me .

synsei Guest

Funny you should say that Stan, I derived it from Sensei because there was already a character with that name in the game

The original Japanese translation means person born before another. So that would tie up .

synsei Guest

Well, there ya go

At the time there were hundreds of thousands of people playing Anarchy Online from all over the world so it was quite a challenge to pick a name without having to tack numbers on the end (not my cup of tea). I derived a certain amount of pleasure out of thinking up reasonably original names for my characters

I'm Richard.

I thought sensei meant "teacher". It did in my dojo

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyB View Post
    The original Japanese translation means person born before another. So that would tie up .
    Sensei (先生) is a Japanese word that is literally translated as "person born before another". In general usage, it is used, with proper form, after a person's name, and means "teacher", and the word is used as a title to refer to or address teachers, professors, professionals such as lawyers, CPA and doctors, politicians, clergymen, and other figures of authority. The word is also used to show respect to someone who has achieved a certain level of mastery in an art form or some other skill: accomplished puppeteers, novelists, musicians, and artists for example are addressed in this way.

Perhaps the appellation should be applied to those who have mastered the art of DAC design?
    Barry

I'm Alan.

..or amplifier design

Fits with the thread
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast