+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Joni Mitchell 10 CD Collection £15

I'm Neil.

Yes Amelia is my favourite song on Hejira... "It was just a false alarm."
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Keith.

Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post
    Love that Hejira had Jaco Pastorius on bass, arguably the best bassist ever, albeit more restrained with Joni Mitchell.
    Yep. Hejira was Pastorius on Bass. Her bass-playing husband was Larry Klein and you'll need to fast-forward to Wild Things Run Fast to hear him.

Sitting in a pub in Manchester after a hot and sticky busy day with a bag full of vinyl that includes Joni's Ladies of the Canyon lp.

Cheers,
    Keith
    Keith
    Analogue: Lenco L75 with 'PTP5' top plate in heavy birch ply plinth/re-wired Rega RB300/SAE 1000e HOMC Cartridge/Trans-Fi Reso-Mat/Moth RCM
    Files: Voyage MPD/Custom PC/Supra USB/Beresford ASYNCH-1/Beresford TOSlink cable
    CDP: Inca Katana SE
    DAC: Beresford Caiman MkII (LiPo Battery powered)
    Pre-Amp: Croft Micro 25 Power-Amp: Croft Series 7
    Speakers: DIY Frugel-Horn Mk3 ('FH3') + REL Strata subwoofer
    Headphones: Beyer Dynamics DT990 Pro (250 ohm)/Schiit Asgard Headphone Amp
    Cables - Interconnects: Mark Grant G1000HD Speaker Cables: Van Damme Blue
    Mains: Belkin PF30/Mark Grant DSP2.5 & DSP1.0 Rack: Target

Office System: HP Win8 Laptop/JRiver/MF V-Link2/Beresford Bushmaster MkII/Topping TP20 Mk2/Mission 771e
    Bedroom System: Raspberry Pi/Raspbrian + MPD/HiFiBerry DAC/Topping TP20 Mk2/Mission 760i or DIY Hybrid Valve-MOSFET Headphone amp + Sennheiser HD595

Gallery

I'm Nodrog.

Quote Originally Posted by keiths View Post
    Yep. Hejira was Pastorius on Bass. Her bass-playing husband was Larry Klein and you'll need to fast-forward to Wild Things Run Fast to hear him.

Cheers,
    Keith
    Aha, I stand corrected. Bloody good bass playing though, whoever

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by keiths View Post

Sitting in a pub in Manchester after a hot and sticky busy day with a bag full of vinyl that includes Joni's Ladies of the Canyon lp.

Cheers,
    Keith
    Cool, I was doing very similar a few hours ago with my lunch break, albeit with MJ Cole & Roni Size CDs from HMV on Market Street.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12