+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cartridge setup tip

I'm Richard.

Gordon.
    You may have some fascist ideas about speakers, but good to see you have your other priorities in order. Broadly i agree. Sillyscopes are ok, and interesting for confirming a clean signal, but "there abouts" is enough. I am a bit wary of the "just listen to the music" because I grew up in a world where it was a justification for elite status coloured product with poor performance. And justifying poor trackers.
    I think it helps to have a ballpark guide and the skating stylus on a smooth disc is pretty good and pretty easy one. Dials on arms, including the beloved sl1200 are not (I set up on the dial, listened, went ouch, and checked with hfs69 to confirm)

A lot of people rely on the dials. Apart from the possible audible tracking distortions, you rip through stylii if the skate is badly out.
    Look after that technics of yours. It tracks at 1.25g and will track anything.

The tip was supposed to be the only tool you need is a 12" laser disc for 99p from ebay.

On much more important subjects it is my 4th wedding anniversary (2nd wedding) today. Look it up. I bought sue a huge bouquet of pink flowers from the florist who covered our wedding. Sharing gordons priorities she bought me a half case of fleurie

I'm Nodrog.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldpinkman View Post

On much more important subjects it is my 4th wedding anniversary (2nd wedding) today. Look it up. I bought sue a huge bouquet of pink flowers from the florist who covered our wedding. Sharing gordons priorities she bought me a half case of fleurie
    Yes indeedy. Congratulations. I'm on my second marriage, not to mention one or two unofficial liaisons over the years. We have been wed for ten years now and together for twelve. Best of the lot and I'm very happy that she has chosen me to spend the last bit with (well, one hopes!!!) The important things in life need nurturing so have a nice one and a drop of the Fleurie for me

(I'd have done red flowers though, never did like pink)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123