+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hard disk music player.

Quote Originally Posted by kalozois100 View Post
    Just found this seller on ebay
    Just be careful, I've seen a few people buying demo models of SB3s that couldn't do anything but show the pretty display.

I'm sure you'll like the SB a lot when you get one, happy hunting!

I'm inthescottishmafia.

In that case,sorry for getting on my high horse! Yet another case of the internet getting in the way of context.I freely admit to being a computer numpty! You clearly know far more than I about such things.All I can say is that peeps who's ears I trust say they think it sounds better wired.Whether it does or not I can't say,though what I understand of your comments makes sense.I'm interested in this as it's a route I intend to go down at some point,when I can decide which way to go!

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    I woudn't consider using any SB without a separate DAC.As for the connection question,everone I've spoken to who has tried it both ways says wired is better.
    I've never done the comparison, it's not possible at mine. But a microwave oven will disrupt the SB3 buffering in Wireless mode. My wifi network is at 60% signal strength in the lounge, and apart from the microwave giving drop outs from time to time, I find the playback more than adequate.

Going back to the original posters question, one of those western digital

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...=REG&A=details

might be an intersting alternative, but I imagine some kind of screen is required to make choices.
    Intel NUC/Chevron Audio NDF16 dac/Amptastic Mini-1/Audium Comp 5
    Mains Block: Custom-HiFi-Cables PowerBlack Distribution Block (with super conditioner).
    Connected with Reference Fidelity Components Super Neptunes and Speaker Cables.