+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reffc speaker cables

I'm Richard.

Default Reffc speaker cables

Not sure where the right place is, but Paul made me up some new speaker cables and asked me to comment if I was happy. I'm happy. Beautifully made, and so much less scruffy than the vintage flat chords (very, very good) I was using. I haven't yet "evaluated" them A:B style. And don't plan to before France, where I just might use the chords again.

I have nothing to say about these cables. They were hooked up, and have stayed in my system since then. I have done all my Technics F5 reviewing with them, and all comments about the astonishing performance of the FX3 are made on listening through Pauls cables. Think about it - I have been listening to some of the best music on hifi I have heard, and haven't even thought about changing the speaker cables back. Indeed, until just now, I didn't even think about the cables

Pretty good Paul.

I'm Brian.

Which cables did you buy from Paul Richard ?

I'm Andy.

Yup, top bloke Paul, waiting for my RFC SUT which should be here at the end of the week
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

I'm Richard.

Speaker cable. I think he only does one. Green. 60 odd english pounds for a 1.8m and 3.6m with spades on one end. Very well made, and much more domestically acceptable than the sprawling copper chords.

I'm Brian.

If it's Cable Talk 3 speaker cable then I've got to agree with you Richard. This is the speaker cable which I use and it's excellent .

I'm Julian.

Yep, that's the Talk 3 - got it in my system and haven't thought of changing it either ...
    Sonore Rendu - Cambridge Audio Edge W - Sonus Faber Venere 2.5

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by julesd68 View Post
    Yep, that's the Talk 3 - got it in my system and haven't thought of changing it either ...

How does it sound then chaps?
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

I'm gone.

I bought a set of Talk 3 from Paul as well. It easily outclassed some hi-fallutin' Acoustic Zen Satori cables I was using then, and also some Tellurium Black in my system, for my taste, when I tried it as an "upgrade". The Cable Talk seemed more relaxed and natural to me.

That was a while ago, and you know me - I like to ring the changes! I'm still with Cable Talk mind. They seem to know what they are doing!

I'm Julian.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
    How does it sound then chaps?
    You know what Andy I have never even thought about it having a 'sound' as such! My components are gelling perfectly and everything sounds 'natural' as Jerry put it, so I have no reason to change it. It's fit and forget for me ...
    Sonore Rendu - Cambridge Audio Edge W - Sonus Faber Venere 2.5

I'm Richard.

I would agree with Julian. It is the talk 3, and they don't sound of anything. Just let the rest get on with it. I do wonder a bit how this stonking power amp I am using affects things. I've a feeling a crap mp3 from a cornflake packet mp3 player would sound good at the moment. But take nothing from the talk 3s. They had to replace some silly money chords and have done that very well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast