+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: SL-1200 DC Power Supply DIY

I'm Dimitris.

I ordered some extra so I ll be in touch
    By the way, I managed to get the TPR in a 12x12mm pcb

I am in a sort of "Want everything nice and packed" mood...

you should see my DCB1 and jBoZ boards

I'm Dimitris.

Damn... I need to stop reading... ignorance is bliss...

I found this implementation which should be far less noisy than a zener or a led reference.
    http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/power...tml#post356154

There are also some nice suggestions in there, like adding a permanent preloading R to bring the 317 in its nice operating area above 20mA, and always pushing Vin-Vout to >5V, again to bring it to its sweet spot (shown nicely in the datasheets in the graph that shows the current output capability vs drop voltage)

I'm Jim.

Dave, of Landfall Systems, has made a couple of brackets for the inside of the Techie, this is worth a look --

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/analo...er-supply.html

I've invited him to join AOS and post his mods, this is the perfect forum, and the parts look fantastic
    SP-10Mk2a, Graham 2.2 tonearm. SL-1200, Graham 2.2 tonearm, AT-150mlx, Benz-Scheu Glider. Jim & Ken Super DC PSU, Oil well bearing, Acromat, Isonoes, strobe lamp switched. Pass Labs Pearl 2. Aleph J amplifier. F6 Amplifier. Nelson Pass Burning Amplifier BA-3. Pass BA-PP linestage, miniDSP 4x10, Linkwitz Labs LXmini speakers, Sony SS-M7 speakers.

DIY In progress - Syclotron Red Light district valve amp, ZenMod "Iron pre" autoformer jfet preamp, SYclotron 'His Master's Noise' valve phonostage. And about 2-3 other projects in various states at any time.

I'm Dimitris.

Very nice... I was thinking to do something similar with PCBs when I finalize my reg setup, but after seeing how hot the 317 gets with no proper heatsinking I kind of abandoned the initial idea. I would have to design holes to allow screwing the 3leg regs to the aluminum and the whole thing gets complicated and expensive fast with current pcb prototyping prices...

I'm Dimitris.

OK the first part of awesomeness is here...

The filter/psu boards.

Designed to be modular capacitor boards that can be arranged and combined in any arrangement you might need, CRC/CLC in as many stages you like, and can be wired for series output for dual supplies. They also have provisioning for a led and a limiting resistor and bleeder resistors. And since these are not required in all stages, the pads can also be used for bypassing capacitors if that thing floats your boat.

I also created two rectifier boards, one full bridge for proper designs and one with just two diodes (center tapped trafos) for lower requirements. The small psu you see soldered is for powering the VUmeter lights on my new Phono's psu.

DSCF0821.jpg

These are test boards, and as such they have some issues, mostly with space and component positioning, but I fixed those and the final version should be even more awesome, with more cap sizes available and full planes for bigger currents

For Jim's psu, I will wire 3 of these one after the other, connecting them with resistors etc to get his initial design.

I will post more photos after I finish it....

I'm Jim.

That looks great!

Did you get any of the regulator boards made as well?
    SP-10Mk2a, Graham 2.2 tonearm. SL-1200, Graham 2.2 tonearm, AT-150mlx, Benz-Scheu Glider. Jim & Ken Super DC PSU, Oil well bearing, Acromat, Isonoes, strobe lamp switched. Pass Labs Pearl 2. Aleph J amplifier. F6 Amplifier. Nelson Pass Burning Amplifier BA-3. Pass BA-PP linestage, miniDSP 4x10, Linkwitz Labs LXmini speakers, Sony SS-M7 speakers.

DIY In progress - Syclotron Red Light district valve amp, ZenMod "Iron pre" autoformer jfet preamp, SYclotron 'His Master's Noise' valve phonostage. And about 2-3 other projects in various states at any time.

I'm Dimitris.

Yep. Wating for them any day now
    Sources: Modified SL1200 MK2, Salas folded RIAA, Phonoclone, VSPS, Shelter 501 MK2, Modified Pioneer P6D6 as transport, Shigaclone transport, Peter Daniel NOS DAC.
    Amplification: Custom 211 Monoblocks, Electrocompaniet AW120, Audio Research VS110, Gainclone
    Loudspeakers: Tannoy Turnberry, PBN Montana EP Signature
    Cables/stands: Tempflex ribbon and Twinax cables
    Other: Promitheus Signature Passive Attenuator, Custom JFET - transformer preamp.

I'm Dimitris.

OK here we go

DSCF0843.jpg

Nice and shiny

DSCF0837.jpg

The only issue is that I used the default eagle parts, and the led and resistor pads are way too small... Not really a problem, but I would prefer them bigger and easier to solder... perhaps on the next batch...

Jim if you are still interested pm me your address and I will send you a pair

I'm Jim.

Of course! Thank you!

I'm John.

Hi any chance of a pair of regulator boards. Please.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast