+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So, what did you think of this year's Glastonbury?

I'm James.

Chic were superb, tight backing band with great musicians and a collection of classic dance tunes. Very nice end with the crowd singing Daft Punk Get lucky back at Nile rodgers, touchinh moment.

I'm Dave.

Hi Don we should have met up in the green room bar, myself and johnny b ( AOS) there too.
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

synsei Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Aye well, ye had to be there for the Stones!

I mean c'mon, it's a gig fer crissakes!
    Admittedly it is difficult to conjure up the Glasto atmosphere in an 18ft x 14ft living room however Chic got damn close

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Chic were superb, tight backing band with great musicians and a collection of classic dance tunes. Very nice end with the crowd singing Daft Punk Get lucky back at Nile rodgers, touchinh moment.
    Agreed Jim, it was an emotional set with some pleasant surprises. I was not aware that Nile Rodgers had penned hits for such a diverse collection of artists, the guy is a legend

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by jollyfix View Post
    Hi Don we should have met up in the green room bar, myself and johnny b ( AOS) there too.
    Aye, give us a shout next year!

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by jollyfix View Post
    ...... Got to say that was some 5 days, only just recovered. Good to meet you Dave. I've been knackered all week , but just managed the energy to see the rather good Reverend & the Makers in Corby tonight.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Technics 1210/Mike New Bearing/Jelco SA750d/Goldring 2500/Paul Hynes SR5 21/27.
    Cambridge Audio 840c CD. Squeezebox Touch. Synology NAS.
    Teac A-3440.
    Beresford Bushmaster.
    Quad II monoblocks....Quad 44/405.....Croft Micro.....Cambridge Audio 840.
    Celestion Ditton 66.....KEF Reference One

synsei Guest

Quote Originally Posted by johnB View Post
    ...... Got to say that was some 5 days, only just recovered. Good to meet you Dave. I've been knackered all week , but just managed the energy to see the rather good Reverend & the Makers in Corby tonight.
    Were they playing at The Cube John?

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by synsei View Post
    Were they playing at The Cube John?
    Hi Dave, they played at The Zombie Hut, which is a great little venue up at Rockingham Triangle. Corby rugby club seem to have sold their old building (opposite the tennis dome) and it is now a 200+ person rock/indy venue which seems to be doing very well. Looks like a couple of bands a week, but open every night with an extensive "alternative" jukebox and a bar.

Are you from around Corby Dave?

Cheers
    John
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Teac A-3440.
    Beresford Bushmaster.

synsei Guest

Quote Originally Posted by johnB View Post
    Hi Dave, they played at The Zombie Hut, which is a great little venue up at Rockingham Triangle. Corby rugby club seem to have sold their old building (opposite the tennis dome) and it is now a 200+ person rock/indy venue which seems to be doing very well. Looks like a couple of bands a week, but open every night with an extensive "alternative" jukebox and a bar.

Are you from around Corby Dave?

Cheers
    John
    Hi John

Aha!!! My stepdaughters have been going on about Zombie Hut for a while now but I did not realise it was a venue for live music. As it happens I live about a ten minute walk away from the old rugby club, behind the cemetery

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by synsei View Post
    Hi John

Aha!!! My stepdaughters have been going on about Zombie Hut for a while now but I did not realise it was a venue for live music. As it happens I live about a ten minute walk away from the old rugby club, behind the cemetery
    Dave, I live about 4 miles away, up towards Uppingham. Good to make contact.
    Cheers
    John
    Teac A-3440.
    Beresford Bushmaster.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12