+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So, what did you think of this year's Glastonbury?

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Default So, what did you think of this year's Glastonbury?

So, what did you think of this year's Glastonbury? (pace Chris)

Having, in a somewhat desultory fashion, viewed/listened to this year's Glastonbury, I was somewhat under-whelmed. However, before I go into details, I would be interested in what other members felt about Glastonbury 2013.

Comments from those AoS members who were there (Nick (Beechwoods) and Ali (Tate)) would be pertinent and of interest.
    Barry

I'm stu.

Really enjoyed it.
    Especially

nick cave
    Pil
    Django Django
    301/Puresound 2A3/quite large Grf cab horny ones.Eminence/Coral/Le cleach

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Was fantastic, as was the weather once the rain cleared away. Just got back, will comment more tomorrow.

I'm scott.

enjoyed the XX , portishead tom tom club , Alabama shakes & Chic myself

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    So, what did you think of this year's Glastonbury?
    Do you mean the band line-up or the BBC coverage Barry?

Having been to a few festivals in my time (not Glasto) I think there is only one way to enjoy them and that's being there, so it would be great to have a report from an attendee
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm stu.

Have to disagree.
    Have never been but i totally enjoy watching it all weekend.
    301/Puresound 2A3/quite large Grf cab horny ones.Eminence/Coral/Le cleach

I'm Dave.

I loved it and took the weekend off to watch it all. I found the coverage great on BBC 2 through my surround system but horrible on BBC THREE. I'm trying to watch things again on both to see whether it is different stages or mixes? Arctic Monkeys sounded great, but other bands just sound lifeless?

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Got time to give an answer now. For me, this year was truly a vintage year. The Stones, Elvis Costello, Primal Scream and Seasick Steve with John Paul Jones were highlights, and after the rain on Thursday, the weather was fantastic. I'm still peeling!

One thing that still strikes me, even after all the times I've been here, is how bloody random this place is. There we were, watching the Stones (stonking gig btw) and who should fetch up beside us but Zoe Ball, sister and friends. She immediately took a shine to our ten year old, Josh, who then proceeded to feed her mini doughnuts, and her sister put her spangly cape around him, and they both took photos of him. Zoe then wanted to put Josh on her shoulders, but he's a solid lump, so I dissuaded her from that with the offer of a swig of a large bottle of rum and coke, which she was most happy to accept. We then all boogied along to the rest of the Stones, had a hug and a kiss after, and went our separate ways. What a thoroughly nice lady. And tall too!

I would say however, our Glasto experience now is not most folks probably, we are lucky enough to have got to know the lovely couple that run The Green Room, the backstage bar at the Circus Arena, which is where we spend a lot of our time. Great bands playing, nice comfy sofas, a chance to get away from the crowds, nice clean toilets and even showers!

Another plus point is that profits from the bar go to a children's charity, so of course you feel obliged to drink as much as you can!

Already can't wait for next year.

synsei Guest

For me the Chic set was my favourite this year, the band had the entire household singing like canaries. I was a little disappointed with the Stones gig to be honest, it wasn't their tightest performance and Keith's guitar had tuning issues to my ears. The XX were a bit of a let down as well, which is a crying shame as I was really looking forward to their performance and wth were The Orb doing?

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Aye well, ye had to be there for the Stones!

I mean c'mon, it's a gig fer crissakes!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast