+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ClarityCaps MR 3.3

I'm Josie.

+1 for the russian 'cold war' grenade style caps. I have been using some in my xovers for a while now and to be honest they are bloody great. Cost me £8 each. They are paper in lavsin oil! or something and sound mega.

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post
    I have some mil-spec Russian PIO + Teflon bypass caps that you can try. Salas at DIYAudio.com prefers these same caps to Mundorf Silver Supreme. Very musical, rich and full of life.

Thanks for the kind offer Neil, but frankly l would not know what to do with them, but they are sounding a lot better now, but to be honest l was expecting ho hum.
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

I'm Andy.

Right, the Claritys have been in a while now, and in that time, l purchased the next Model up in the Sensation amplifier range ( M901) this has better internal cabling and upgraded binding posts and RCA's but stock capacitors and the two amps do indeed sound different, l also purchased some Audionote ANJ/D's and the Sensation loves the extra sensitivity, so that now with the M451 ( with CC's sounds really,really good) the background is blacker? Playing Led Zeppelin's "Houses of the Holy", these boys were playing! It really has taken the M451 up a notch or two, but not in away l would have expected, leaner, meaner not as romantic, but a good deal better, another interesting thing is once the M451 is unplugged, it takes hours to sound good again, is this due to the bigger beefier Caps l wonder? Anyway just a few thoughts.
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

I'm James.

I am about to re build my crossovers using clarity caps, does anyone know if it is possible to 'pre burn in' caps?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123