+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pink Floyd on Hi-Fi

I'm Paul.

I believe all the members of PF were once rumoured to own EAR amplification. On that basis would have to be the correct choice.

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Audioman View Post
    I believe all the members of PF were once rumoured to own EAR amplification. On that basis would have to be the correct choice.
    Don't know what they use as personal amps Paul but it's true that they certainly used some of Tim-dP's recording kit, Reel to Reels and mics etc for mastering purposes. The Exchange in London (reputedly one of the world's finest mastering studios) I know was equipped in one or two of their studios with back to back EAR kit for recording and mastering.

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by dantheman91 View Post
    For me it's Quad 33 / 303 rumor has it they used them on tours and in the studio

Just off topic for a mo..If you look very carefully at the booklet inside Yes 'Fragile' LP you will notice Chris Squire has a Quad '33' aswell as a Revox 'A77'. Can't fault him..

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by The Outcast View Post
    What is the best system or amp that you have heard Pink Floyd played through?
    Wembley Empire Pool around 1972
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by loo View Post
    +1 except I don't use a 405 has to be a Graaf otl for me
    That's interesting. The 405-2 is the questionable link. It's been PT "breathed on" a bit. It was a system that was good enough, but - oh dammit I want Owen to build me a "pip" power amp. He's coming round to the idea - only taken 30 years, but he's coming round Give it another 30 years...

I'm paul.

A pip power amp now that would be something worth having

I'm Hesketh.

I remember listening to The wall on a pair of B&W 801's via a Quad44/405 and being in awe.
    People turn to poison quick as lager turns to piss.

I'm Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare Bird View Post
    Just off topic for a mo..If you look very carefully at the booklet inside Yes 'Fragile' LP you will notice Chris Squire has a Quad '33' aswell as a Revox 'A77'. Can't fault him..

Excellent the man has taste...
    Bi Amplification
    Quad 33 with current Mod for CD
    2 Quad 303 Bi Amped
    Turntable
    Thorens TD 125 MK1 , SME 3009 S2 Non Improved , Shure V15 II , SME 2000 Plinth
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Marantz 6005 , Beresford Caiman , Paul Hynes SR4
    Loudspeakers
    Tannoy 615 MK2
    Cassette
    Goodmans GSW 435

I'm Craig.

I remember when DSOTM came out, my friend played it me on his Rabco straight line arm TT, Shure V15/3 fed into a Crown IC 150 pre, into a Crown DC 300, which fed a pair of Bose 901's.

It shook the room and neighbours 20 doors down his road said they enjoyed it!
    Bluesound Node 2i
    Audio Analogue Pucinni SE
    B&W DM607 s2
    Chord Shawline X speaker cable
    Klotz ic’s

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

I can top that - it was a Dolby A master copy od DSOTM via specially tweaked Revox A77 (to allow more headroom on peaks as it clipped otherwise), same Crown amp(s) and IMF Pro Monitors of various generations.

That, and The Wall live at Earls Court back in 1980 or 81, can't remember the exact date..
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast