+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pink Floyd on Hi-Fi

I'm Hesketh.

Default Pink Floyd on Hi-Fi

What is the best system or amp that you have heard Pink Floyd played through?
    People turn to poison quick as lager turns to piss.

I'm Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by The Outcast View Post
    What is the best system or amp that you have heard Pink Floyd played through?

For me it's Quad 33 / 303 rumor has it they used them on tours and in the studio

Amplifier & Graphic EQ
    Kenwood A65 with GE 850 Graphic EQ
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Marantz 6005 , Beresford Caiman , Paul Hynes SR4
    Loudspeakers
    Wharfedale Diamond 9.0

I'm Rich.

My tribute band playing through 16k mackie and yamaha PA system with 4k of monitoring on stage....

Other than that I enjoyed giving echoes a spin on my mates modified techie last year in my main system.... We both sat for the whole 20 mins in awe. Still one of the best songs to play live I think.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm James.

My own system of 6-7 years ago: Copland CDA-288, Technics SU-A3000/SE-A3000, IMF TLS50mk2.

Most of their recordings are of a quality that they sound good on pretty much anything IME.

I'm Richard.

Default 2 choices

My stock answer is my favourite system for everything - PT Anni, Helius Orion, Technics U205, Pip 2, Quad 405-2 ESL63's

However, I got into Hifi listening to Dark Side of the Moon in a shop in Bromley on Lowther speakers (Horns). The rest of the system, I think, was Quad 33/303 Garrard, SME3009 Shure V15 3. Not my "imaging" ESL 63 experience, but the room filling lowthers made a great psychedelic sound.

Since others mentioned PA's - their own at Wembley, and I forget now where I saw the original Wall concerts.

I'm Johan.

Carlsson OA 52 loudspeakers, Nad 3020 amp, Lenco L 75. Ortoacoustic speakers makes the most out of Pink Floyd music.

I'm Nodrog.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldpinkman View Post
    My stock answer is my favourite system for everything - PT Anni, Helius Orion, Technics U205, Pip 2, Quad 405-2 ESL63's

However, I got into Hifi listening to Dark Side of the Moon in a shop in Bromley on Lowther speakers (Horns). The rest of the system, I think, was Quad 33/303 Garrard, SME3009 Shure V15 3. Not my "imaging" ESL 63 experience, but the room filling lowthers made a great psychedelic sound.

Since others mentioned PA's - their own at Wembley, and I forget now where I saw the original Wall concerts.
    Good grief, he even comes from Bromley!!! My old happy hunting ground, just has the Quad numbers wrong!!

I listen very happily to Pink Floyd on the Firebottle/Quad57's, either on CD through the Pioneer PS-S901 or on vinyl on the Origin Live based home build. Up on decent stands, the 57s reproduce the bass accurately, tunefully and, dare I say it, musically.

I do however admit that, just occasionally, I do sneak upstairs to the wife's Pioneer with JBLs that shake the floor, the windows and the roof, not to mention the neighbours. By no means accurate but great fun.

I'm Adam.

Mine was 'The Wall' on a Meridian 808 CD player, 861 Controller and through DSP8000 speakers. I grinned my way through the entire demo and may have even dribbled slightly.
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Paul.

As with Adam, mine was "The Wall", especially side 4, with my current set up, Gyro/SME/Shelter into EAR amplification feeding the Reference Fidelios...windows were made to rattle!

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldpinkman View Post
    My stock answer is my favourite system for everything - PT Anni, Helius Orion, Technics U205, Pip 2, Quad 405-2 ESL63's.
    +1 except I don't use a 405 has to be a Graaf otl for me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast