+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greetings from Colorado

Cool Greetings from Colorado

My name is Terry, I am one of those Americans aged enough to be going through the obligatory mid-life crises, which requires I evaluate my present established, fragile ego controlled, thought process. This evaluation has made me realize that, though I may be experienced at many subjects, I am not an expert at any of them. I am no longer the closed minded, brand loyal consumerist I was ten years ago and I recognize I can still learn from the mental generosity of others.

As a forum lurker for the many monetary fund sucking hobbies I presently enjoy, I have finally decided to actively join this particular forum (a first for me) based on the high quality information exchange I have observed and the general maturity level associated with the members and administrators.

My love of vinyl and music in general has always been an important part of my life since I bought my first Beach Boys album back in the 60’s. My favorite genre of music is any rock music from the 60’s, 70’s, & 80’s (Doors, Stones, Beatles, Byrds, Pink Floyd, Alan Parsons, etc.) to present (Depeche Mode, Green Day, Kings of Leon, etc.).

My current primary equipment kit is Home Theater based and having pursued this digital monster to it’s present day incarnation, I wish to pursue having fun with the analog world again (hence my presence here).

I recently replaced an old Garrard Zero 100 with a Technics SL-1200 MKII. I bought this TT specifically as a project. I have been following Marco’s adventure with modifying his Techy with great interest and between his work and Dave Cawley’s contribution; I feel that I do not have to reinvent the wheel to get the most out of this TT.

As I am generating this thread during my lunch period at work, I will have to get back to incorporating my equipment list. I would not like to mess up a component model number listing and appear as a complete idiot, when I feel that just maintaining my status as an idiot shall suffice for me at present.

I shall bid adios before this greeting becomes any wordier than it already is.

Cheers,

Terry

I'm Neil.

Hi terry

You are very welcome to AOS. We like wordy items, plenty to get ones mind into and both learn and be challenged by others experiences.

Thank you for saying hello and also for doing AOS the honour of being the first forum you have picked to join. AOS is very much a community, and while we don't all walk the same path we do find much to enjoy here and share. I look forward to your contributions and questions. If any of the admin team can help you, please ask, and the members here are also very helpful too.

Perhaps you might like to place some photos of your setup in the Gallery...we all like to look at photos of audio and AV gear.

Great taste in music too.

Regards D S D L
    Last edited by Spectral Morn; 28-04-2009 at 16:03.
    Regards Neil

Welcome Terry.
    Colorado is a place I ve always wanted to visit but never quite got round to it and now with a young family is even less likely. Perhaps as well as pictures of your av set up some photos of the area you live in with some comments . The sort of pics that aren't for tourist mags but for retired travellers like myself. Who knows it may be a start of something new in the forum as there seems to be quite a few members interested in photograghy aswell.
    Kalozois.

I'm ILOB.

Welcome Terry I look forward to reading your posts
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm Confused.

Thumbs up

"Hear, hear", to the suggestions of pics of the beautiful, non-tourist-spoiled areas local to our members. I have an interest in photography and live in that well known tourist trap of Sheffield - if anyone is interested in the more boring scenery of the Peak District, also on my 'doorstep' I could perhaps be persuaded to oblige.
    Cheers,
    Dave.

Default Thank You Everyone

I want to thank you all for the warm welcome.
    As an avid 4 wheeler, I do have a lot of back country photo's on 35mm film (most include my Jeep and my Austrailian Sheperd for scale, wife hates to be photographed) within remote areas not often visited.
    The suggestion to post member local pictures has given me incentive to go through my photo's and digitize them.
    Having lived in Colorado most of my adult life, and taking photo's with a seemingly indesructable Pentax ME SE (Special Edition), I have pictures of mountain scenes, sailing (local lakes only) and some spelunking expeditions within some of the local fissure caves and mines.

Since migrating to digital camera's I seem to only take family shots.

Thanks again,

Terry

I have a new Def Leppard album I need to listen to, so photo's will have to wait a little bit.

I'm ChrisB.

Hi Terry,

Your State is one of the next on my list for a visit - I've never got further into Colorado than Denver airport on my way to Arizona!

However, I've had some great times (& photos also with a Pentax ME & an MX) in the various wilderness areas of Wyoming, Idaho, Montana......... - in fact all the Rocky Mtn. States except Colorado. I'm a forester, so I love nothing more than poking around other people's woodland & natural resources.

In the UK we call spelunking 'potholing'. I've not done too much of that, but I have enjoyed some amazing slot canyons in Utah, Arizona & Nevada.

Welcome to the Art of Sound.

I'm Nick.

Hi Terry, and welcome to The Art Of Sound from another Byrds / Floyd fan! It sounds like you have an outdoors and underground life I'd be awfully envious of Glad you decided to join us!
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

Chris,

If you like what you have experianced of the Northern Rockie's, checking out the southern range is a must. The area around Telluride & Ouray (south western Colorado) are known as the Swiss Alps of the Rockies.

As a forester, you would appeciate the entire state of Oregon. This place is like a Colorado on steroids. It really puts my home state to shame as far as vegitation growth. One of the most beautiful areas I've ever seen.

Potholing. I've learned something new already!! Thanks Chris!! I will have to start using that one (people in the states are confused enough when I mention spelunking as opposed to cave exploring).

Potholes are something we drive through on our jacked up streets.

Cheers,

Terry

I'm Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryB View Post
    Potholes are something we drive through on our jacked up streets.
    I know the feeling!
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast