+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Balanced Mains Transformer - WOW! - Hardwired Installation log (Pic Heavy!)

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    Yeah, been following some of Roy's stuff, very helpful bloke.
    Yes Roy is a top chap.
    He came to my house a couple of years ago, my hifi room was in bits as it was in the process of turning from a garage to a hifi room.
    He offered some great advice

I'm Brian.

Fantastic write up mate . As you know I've been following developments in this project all the way and I have to say when I visited last week your system was sounding very good indeed with the BPS in place . I'm sure it sounds even better with a few hundred hours burn in . Hope to hear the improvements in the very near future . One point I have to make is that when I brought the AG500 to yours it was just out of the packaging , it has however improved as it has burned in and I'm very happy with it . As you say it is a different type of improvement and not as obvious as the BPS upgrade . I hope we can find a way to compare both and also try them in tandem soon. Lastly , on your recommendation , I purchased the new mains cable from David at MCRU and it is indeed very good indeed , better than the Lapp which I was previously using .So I'm in the process of replacing all my mains cables again ,but not too painful at the price MCRU is asking. Thanks for taking the time to post this comprehensive set of instructions which I'm sure I'll be using for future reference.

I'm James.

What mains cables are you changing over to?

I'm Brian.

PM replied to mate.

I'm tony.

Cmon spill the beans on the mains cable.....I took the lapp out my system last night and it sounds better for it. The lapp was feeding the bps but was effecting everything sonically. I replaced it with a bog stock supplied cable and have a better balanced presentation overall, the lapp was introducing just a smidgen of treble sibilance to my favourite ladies voices.

I'm Brian.

It's the cable Gary links to in his BPS post above Tony . This one here http://www.mains-cables-r-us.co.uk/m...er-metre.html#
    Looks similar to the Lapp but thicker at 4mm . Sounds better too .

I'm tony.

Many thanks Brian......that stuff looks as though it could safely tether the Waverley in a storm!!!!!!
    Have either of you utilised it with MK tough plugs and martin kaiser IECs? My missus watched dismayed as I was making up power leads with the lapp, she likened it to me wrestling with an anaconda (the snake was winning).
    I was never sonically a fan of the lapp, Gary properly finished one of my dogs breakfast LAPP and Supra leads earthing the drain wire......still preferred the supra.
    Done a bit of chopping and changing of late, will have to all get together (bring yer conditioner would love to hear what it does in the fray)

Also thanks for the steer on the usb it worked out really well.

I'm Brian.

Nae bother mate . Be good to have a little get together soon. I'm afraid you would have some serious problems terminating this cable onto an MK and a Martin Kaiser plug . It is much thicker than the Lapp .You will only be able to achieve this if you strip off the clear outer insulation and the shielding and work with the inner grey insulation. I had to use a Furutech mains plug and a Wattgate IEC plug , which take larger diameter cables . Please remember that Gary used this cable to hard wire his BPS so no plugs involved. Well worth the effort IMO

I'm James.

Well it's finally happening, I have having a dedicated radial from the tails coming into the house to my hifi room. I just got of the phone o the electrician and he may be able to squeeze it in one day next week or the week after :-) :-)

I'm Brian.

So you're gonna have a dedicated mains supply , an AG1500 and a BPS James . It doesn't get much better than that mate . Please let us know how your system sounds when it's all done.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast