+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Your favourite DAC?

I'm Grant.

I'll settle for a painless one at moment.....Motherwell aint very far and if there is not much walking would probably manage......worked for DER there for a while in the 80,s....
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Gary.

No, your beresford/m2tech shouldnt be doing that.
    I had the beresford and all the inputs were completly seperate from each other.
    I didn't have this issue...know the Young didn't do that.

StanB is a good guy, he'll advise you on this I'm sure.

I'm Grant.

cheer, thought that but was not sure....either the m2 is totally overpowering the switchgear or their is a fault in the dac....It has had all the mods done so it might be related to that....sounds bloody good though so was going to try and find a coaxial switch so that I dont have to unplug the highface when i switch to the cd player or dvd player.
    sure I saw something in maplins once apon a time...
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

will keep an eye out for stan b..
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Keith.

The new 'Orange' M2Tech HiFace dac is superb ,24/384 asyc USB , and not expensive.
    Keith.
    Cessaro Horn Acoutics,David Wright ,Mola-Mola , Weiss MAN301,Dynavector XV1- Manger Loudspeakers Grimm Audio LS1,worlds best sounding loudspeaker.
    Mini DSP digital signal processing.
    www.puriteaudio.co.uk

I'm Grant.

I saw that being advertised in the dealers bit and it looked good...I also have an HRT streamer 2 usb async dac and I like it a lot..it is on my 1st system...got it cheap or would have gone for the new hiface.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Gary.

Thats user name StanleyB by the way, here on AOS.
    Stan Beresford, who designed the dacs.

I'm Grant.

Nice point Gary...I better be polite .....a clever guy...thanks for the info.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew B View Post
    Some CD players have seemed more receptive than others to an external DAC. Best standalone CD I've ever used as a transport was clearly Denon 1520. The one which always sounded better without a DAC was Rega Planet MK1. All standalone transports I've used have been good. Not sure which has been best.
    I use a DCD 1520 in the office system and this is the transport for the ton-up Digit Opto I've been using for some time and also the new little pretender I mentioned earlier. The 1520 isn't really a slouch sonically as a complete CD player, apart from the fact that I believe it inverts the phase of the output and this I hear as a 'flatness' of perspective. Twinning the supplies to the Digit made a heck of an improvement to the extent that I maintain that even humble IC op-amps really do need a clean supply to sound transparent. The fact that these op-amps go wide out to MHz has got to have something to do with it, but I'd be delighted to be proved wrong here as it's supposition on my part...

Anyway, I know and highly respect the Rega DAC, but didn't mention it before - I wonder why? and I've always loved the original clamshell Planet, despite its awkwardness in use compared to slicker competition.
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

synsei Guest

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    will keep my eyes out for the Correction Engine if one comes up cheapish...also have the modded Beresford dac which is good too....A question on the Beresford for someone with more knowledge than me.....when my laptop is on the highface m2 tech even when not doing anything seems to take over tha dac and you cannot use anything else...when on and running the music from the hiface comes through on any selector.....Is this normal???
    Are we talking about a BM here, and if so, do you have two or more active digital sources plugged into the BM at any one time? If so the BM won't buy it, you will need to switch off all sources other than the one you are listening to. The control circuitry gets confused when it is seeing two or more active sources which can spurn some odd behaviour.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast