+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Your favourite DAC?

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Aye, Nick's dac is just wonderful. I'm still happy with the prototype, it's seen off all contenders at the Scottish Mafia meets so far. What I like most about it is that I can listen all day with no fatigue, it just lets the moozic through. I'll have the proper one, one day!

I'm Grant.

Just got a PERPETUAL TECHNOLOGIES P-3a DAC recently and it is well built and sounds very good indeed.....not an expert but it seems pretty good and can be expanded with a P1a I think and better PS....
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm fuckoff.

PSUs make a huge difference to anything in audio (if the stock ones not great), you going to get it?

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Cool, always wanted to hear one of those, fancy bringing to the next Scottish Mafia do?

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Aye, Nick's dac is just wonderful. I'm still happy with the prototype, it's seen off all contenders at the Scottish Mafia meets so far. What I like most about it is that I can listen all day with no fatigue, it just lets the moozic through. I'll have the proper one, one day!
    Get together at mine in a couple of Weeks Ali, be good to hear your Nick dac against the Young.

My favourite Dac I've used?
    the Young by a country mile.

Got this second hand (with Simon SQ power supply) and it was so obviously better than my Rega Dac, which easily saw off a few of the forum favourites at a get together at mine.
    I took it down to Owsten DIY meet and put it up against Nicks new DSD Dac.
    Whilst Nick's dac was better, there wasnt a helluva lot in it to be honest.
    We took two turns, in the test system it took swapping out the original valve pre for a "pretty special" valve pre to show the differences. Even then I don't think it would be unfair to say there wasn't really a "night and day" improvement.

Cant afford one of Nick's, so sticking with the Young!
    That said, I'm currently upgrading the power supply (thanks Simon) and expecting better things again.

(Oh, apart from Simon SQ suggesting swapping out a smoothing capacitor in the Young at the PSU input, there hasn't been any upgrades suggested over the original design aside form minor revisions of the Motherboard design from M2Tech themselves.
    Any upgrades have been from changing the wall wart PSU as far as I know)

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by realysm42 View Post
    PSUs make a huge difference to anything in audio (if the stock ones not great), you going to get it?
    Who me? Aye, when I've saved up enough!

I'm Grant.

will keep my eyes out for the Correction Engine if one comes up cheapish...also have the modded Beresford dac which is good too....A question on the Beresford for someone with more knowledge than me.....when my laptop is on the highface m2 tech even when not doing anything seems to take over tha dac and you cannot use anything else...when on and running the music from the hiface comes through on any selector.....Is this normal???
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Cool, always wanted to hear one of those, fancy bringing to the next Scottish Mafia do?
    Me too Grant.
    Bring it round mate if you can come over to Motherwell.

I'm Grant.

once I get my new hip I will mate
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Gary.

is it a linear hip or a switch mode one?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast