+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Your favourite DAC?

I'm Keith.

OPM ,Do you have a dac that is capable of playing high resolution files?
    Depending on the dac if they are not capable they will either simply not play the file or downsample it to whatever resolution they are capable of.
    Keith.
    Cessaro Horn Acoutics,David Wright ,Mola-Mola , Weiss MAN301,Dynavector XV1- Manger Loudspeakers Grimm Audio LS1,worlds best sounding loudspeaker.
    Mini DSP digital signal processing.
    www.puriteaudio.co.uk

I'm Andrei.

Richard
    I see your sig indicates Accountancy. My question is this: What is the collective noun for accountants?

Andrei

Answer: A column of accountants. He he!
    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Sources:[/B] [B]1[/B][/COLOR] PC & Wyred4Sound DAC-2 DSDse   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]2[/B][/COLOR] Oppo BDP105   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]3[/B][/COLOR] Technics SL·1210 MK5 (Jelco 750D · Benz Wood).    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speaker Cable[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=black]Nordost Frey.[/COLOR]    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Interconnects [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Oyaide[/COLOR][COLOR=black] & [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Geisha [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Silver.
    [/COLOR][B][COLOR=#a52a2a]Phono Stage [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black]Fosgate Signature V2. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Preamp [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Ayon Eris[/COLOR][COLOR=black]. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Power Amp[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]ATC P1. [/COLOR]  ​ [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speakers[/B][/COLOR] Triangle Magellan Cello.     [COLOR=#A9A9A9]Oh Sting, where is thy death?[/COLOR]

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei View Post
    Richard
    I see your sig indicates Accountancy. My question is this: What is the collective noun for accountants?

Andrei

I think you'll find its a pride !

Quote Originally Posted by Oldpinkman View Post
    I think you'll find its a pride !
    Pride of lions waiting for an opportunistic meal?

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei View Post
    Richard

Andrei

I used to work for one of the Big Four and there was a joke about accountants doing the rounds a while back. I have forgotten the detail - probably just as well - but it related to multiple orifices to facilitate double-entry

P

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kember View Post
    I used to work for one of the Big Four and there was a joke about accountants doing the rounds a while back. I have forgotten the detail - probably just as well - but it related to multiple orifices to facilitate double-entry

P
    I have my own small practice now, but when I worked for pwc had the t-shirt "accountants do it with double entry. Auditors do it with internal control"

On the back it said "Big firm member"

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldpinkman View Post
    I have my own small practice now, but when I worked for pwc had the t-shirt "accountants do it with double entry. Auditors do it with internal control"

On the back it said "Big firm member"

That reminds me of a Government agency I used to have to work with in the North East (part of the then DHSS IIRC) called ITSA Longbenton - it really needs to be said out loud for best effect...

Peter

I'm Tony.

Favorite dac's over the years

Wadia 15i (my first real proper hifi back in the day)

Belcanto dac 3.5

TAD C2000
    Coherent Systems
    Real high end sound with musicality not hifi

I'm Andy.

My favourite DAC's must be;

Audio Logic Co - 34MXL (I bet not many have heard of this one) current one in use.
    Pink Triangle - De Capo (20 bit and 24bit filter modules)
    Kinshaw - Perception DAC

All very good and would be happy to live with any of them.

Andy - SDDW
    HV Electrical Engineer - SAF (Sustainable Aviation Fuel) Plant

I'm Rob.

Default DACs I have known...

Beresford Caiman
    M2Tech Young
    Audiolab MDAC
    Metric Halo ULN-2
    Resonessence Invicta

Notes:

The Invicta is definitely at the top of the tree, as it should be given the cost in comparison to the rest! Superb headphone amp and the SD card slot is very useful for comparing multiple versions of the same album - yes, that happens often here!

I've barely used the Metric Halo as it's in place in my (pretty much untouched) attic studio. May well be up for sale soon. But it's a lot of kit for the money, DAC and ADC etc.

The MDAC is absolutely superb for the price.

Beresford's Caiman: the gateway drug of the DAC world? Wonder how many others have started their journey there...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast