I was browsing ebay and noticed there is a (trade) DaCapo 22 bit for sale for £600. I have just picked one up myself, having used them 20+ years before. These carry a health warning - if they fail they may not be fixable, but if the dodgy component hasn't failed by now its probably not going to (my reasoning when picking mine up)
Now it hasn't got valves, or shiny bits, and the HDCD filter is supposed to be even better. Mine has a slight, but audible transformer hum which is on the "to do" list. But although I haven't heard some of these fancy Dacs quoted on here, I have heard the rega recently, and JW's Mdac, and the top Arcam, and this is in a different league. Analogue - sounds like your turntable (well sounds like mine actually, which probably sounds a bit different from most of yours). Definitely more for those who like "airy spacious detail, imaging " rather than LP12 type jazz bounce , but that doesn't mean screechy bright or no bass (it has really clean articulate deep bass)

And it is the only Dac I am aware of which uses its own discrete circuit and not a chip for the dac. This one only has a BNC connector on it - but that's probably best. Generally I found it very tolerant of transports (as in could tell no difference whatsoever) I used it with a cheap phillips cd player as transport at home, but in public obviously with the Cardinal. Currently using a Cambridge CD6 which is fine (well, its bloody slow finding a track, and a bit fussy with less than perfect cd's , but that doesnt affect how DaCapo sounds)

i would (well - I did)

(Oh and I'm sulking, cos the physician wants to hang on to my 405 while he tries a couple of ideas on it. May have to buy another in the meantime, cos me and the 10P are not hitting it off. Mind, I wasn't that fond of the stock 405)