+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 94 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: RFC News

I'm Tristan.

Good move Paul. The Jolida kit I've heard sounds great.

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by clap View Post
    Good move Paul. The Jolida kit I've heard sounds great.
    Thanks Tristan. Its some of the best sounding kit I've come across in ages.

I'm Paul.

Some hifi pron pictures for you :

Jolida's power amp line up (I've yet to add these to my website):

JD502: 60wpc stero power amp from a matched quad of KT88s. Authoritative and neutral sounding amp with great control and imaging. Very well designed and bristling with top notch components:

Price is as stunningly great value as the amp is a stunningly great performer at just 1210 !

Next up the power stakes if the 60wpc isn't enough is this rather handsome beast:

A pretty astonishing 100wpc into 8Ohms! This is the JD1000P and it uses the very affordable and robust EL34 valves. Its a stereo power amp and priced at a reasonable 2300

Now if that still isn't enough juice for you and you would like one of the world's most powerfull current production valve amps, and quite a looker into the bargain, then how about the one Justin spotted earlier?

The mighty Fusion monoblock . This is a true heavyweight monoblock using a pair of 211 valves and EL34's as the drivers() to deliver and iron fist of 200wpc into 8 Ohms . No loss of delicacy unlike with many powerful SS amps, the Fusion retains some wonderful harmonics and spaciousness of soundstage but with enough grunt to power the USS enterprise...or alternatively speakers down to 80dB sensitivity! RRP on this one's around 3,220

I'm Paul.

Had this in the system to try:

JD801BRC Integrated Stereo Tube Amplifier

Fully Integrated Stereo Amplifier: Input 550mV driving 70 watts, maximum 140 watts peak output.
    Multiple Inputs: Front mounted selector switch-Tuner, DVD, CD, and Aux. (for Tuner, TV, VCR or (Computer)
    Custom Wound Audio Transformers with a core of German grain oriented silicon steel.15th generation proprietary design. Secondary can be configured for a 4 ohm or 8 ohm load.
    State of the Art Components: High quality audio potentiometer, gold plated RCA input jacks, gold plated five way speaker connectors.
    Low Feedback Design: Only 5 dB

Sound quality was as good as any KT88 at any price I've listened to (the 801 I tried had been breathed on slightly with upgraded caps/valves). Very clean, taught and powerful and lovely to look at too.

Anyone in the market for a really good KT88 amp, and one, with a little simple tweaking, that can be made world class, then please drop me a line.

Great deal available this summer open to all AoS members...just 1900! That leaves enough change from the RRP of 2015 to buy yourself some nice NOS preamp and driver valves

I'm Paul.

Some of the latest feedback on RFC's top quality Reference Venus interconnects. these seem to be generating a lot of loyal followers, some of whom have replaced their entire system cabling with these: http://referencefidelitycomponents.co.uk/testimonials/

The latest feedback seems to double under-score the same pattern of feedback from just about every customer who has so far purchased these very high quality cables. Prices can't be held so low for these for much longer, so if interested, get your order in within the next few months would be my strong recommendation!
    Last edited by Reffc; 25-06-2013 at 13:43.

I'm Paul.

My apologies to anyone having difficulty entering or navigating the RFC website today. There's been a few technical hitches courtesy of some hacking attempts originating from China but all sorted now bar a few photos to reload. Please let me know if you have any difficulty accessing any of the pages.

I'm Paul.

Hot off the heels of the Reference Fidelio Loudspeaker, I've been asked whether I'll consider building a 15 inch driver version of the Reference Fidelio using Tannoy Monitor Gold drivers.

The answer is "Yes"; I already have the plans for the 15 inch driver cabinet drawn up and it will be no lightweight! Width will be 0.6m and height around the 1.3m mark with each cabinet weighing in at over 80Kg.

Prices for a completed pair including supply of the drivers and new custom crossovers set in their own external crossover boxes inclusive of all wiring and connections is expected to be around 10,750 per pair:

A 15 inch HPD version will also be provided, which will include fully refurbished and upgraded 15 inch drivers using either the foam or hard edged surrounds, priced at 9,750 per pair including custom built external crossovers and all wiring.

For a flavour of how these will sound, please contact me to arrange an audition of the 12 inch driver Fidelios which have now been tuned and perfected. They sound awsome! More than match for many so called "high end" loudspeakers at a fraction of the cost.

I'm Paul.

Hot off the Jolida press, there's some very exciting news for the UK market:

A new integrated, the JD3402 is due for release next month and is rumoured to be their best yet. It will use EL34's but is also designed to be interchangeable with 6550s. Prices have yet to be announced.

Also a new DAC, the FXIII tube DAC is shortly due for release and shares the same circuit as the Mk2 but is wireless. Pricing and availability to follow but likely to be similar to the MkII. Details published in RFC's NEWS PAGE
    Last edited by Reffc; 08-07-2013 at 08:20.

I'm Paul.

Coming to RFC very shortly will be the new and upgraded Jolida Fusion Transport/DAC unit. This is the top of the range DAC from Jolida, boasting 3 separate inputs (digital SPDIF, Toslink and USB), 6 valves, and improved Burr Brown chipped DAC. Components on the model that RFC will be offering will be upgraded using high tolerance Vishay resistors, the best Duelund capacitors, and hand selected valves. This unit is one of the very best DACs available at any cost. Retail on the upgraded version from RFC is yet to be fixed but expect it to come in around 2500. More details and photos will follow once Jolida has sent out further details of this model to me. The standard Fusion has received rave reviews world wide so this should be quite something!
    Last edited by Reffc; 13-07-2013 at 20:10.

I'm Paul.

Just back from holidays, so will be answering all emails/queries sent to me over the past two weeks within the next 24 hours. Good to be back!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 94 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast