+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 94 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: RFC News

I'm Paul.

Default RFC News

RFC is delighted to announce that it is now a UK dealer for Jolida valve amplifiers, DACs and other high quality valve based hifi kit. I was that impressed with the sonic abilities of the modest little Jolida JD302CRC amplifier and the quality of its internal components that I have decided to add Jolida's products to RFCs own portfolio of quality hifi.

The ethos with Jolida is broadly similar to RFC in that it wants to bring exceptional quality to the hifi enthusiast at real world prices. Like a few other manufacturers such as Croft, you don't pay for superfluous external casework bling, what you do pay for is high quality design and components plus of course great sound!

The end result with Jolida is functional, versatile (by design) and superb sounding hifi designed and made to very high standards. Unlike many amplifiers emanating from the Far East, Jolida amps are designed from the ground up, and employ not just some eye wateringly good internals, but unusually full and extensive circuit protection simply not found on most other valve amplifiers. This helps protect not just your valuable speakers in the unlikely event of a fault occurring but also protects the amp against accidental damage.

For more information, please see the latest RFC NEWS page or visit RFC's Product pages for more information on the amplifiers and pricing.

If you are interested in any of Jolida's products and would like to arrange a demo using the informal and comfortable surroundings of RFCs own listening room, you would be welcome. Just PM me to arrange.

I'm Dave.

Is that little DAC, 'asynchronous' ?

I'm Paul.

Update:

the latest Glass DAC is asynchronous. Specs as follows:

USB: 24/96 up sampling to 192 Hz
    Toslink and coaxial: 24/192Hz
    Galvanic Isolation: ADuM 1250 chips
    Asynchronous Burr Brown Chip AD1896
    DAC Chip: PCM 1798
    R Style Transformer
    State of the Art Components: ESA Clarity capacitor filters, gold plated RCA jacks
    Finishes: Black or Silver

I'm Dave.

Paul, is there a phono stage ?

I'm Paul.

Yes, there's quite a good phonostage Dave:

The Jolida JD9

Very flexible valve phonostage with both MM and MC stages and adjustable resistance and capacitance loading. Uses 2 12ax7 valves.

RRP is 605 in standard trim or there's a xcooking version suing upgraded components for 895

I'm Justin.

There is DEFINATELY power Fusion Monos
    Until we get there... just let it flow.

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    There is DEFINATELY power Fusion Monos
    Massive power Justin. 211 valve mono's at 200wpc. They use EL34's as driver valves! Very very reasonable too at a shade over 3K per monoblock. These'll drive just about any speaker on the planet.

I'm Dave.

Is Jolida an American company ?

I'm Paul.

It is...Maryland USA. Transformers are high spec, made in Germany, PCBs are made in Jolida's own factory in China, then shipped back to the USA where the final amp assembly is done. Lots of high quality parts are used in the amps such as Claritycap and Rubycon capacitors, Blue ALPs volume pots, and other high quality parts. The casework may look very humble but you know at least that your hard earned is invested in some great internals and great design.

I'm Andy.

Mmmmm ClarityCaps:youtheman:
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 94 1231151 ... LastLast