+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Radlett Audio blog (occasional) on The Art of Sound

I'm Geoff.

Is it a cheese and pickle sarnie?
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm ChrisB.

Spendor D7

I'm Paul.

Blast...I was going to go with Spendor D7 too!

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

I feel another visit, sorry, shill-fest, coming on
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Dave.

It is, indeed, the new Spendor D7 and very good it is too. I've been waiting for quite a while for these and am not disappointed.

[/URL]

I was expecting this to go on a bit longer but Chris is the winner. Please pm me with your address and I'll get the CDs in't post.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

I know 'we' here don't often consider these things, but they do look very family/better-half friendly Considering their price after the incredible '£10 Wharfedales' I heard just now, they'd better be good
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Ooh yes, look forward to hearing these!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Dave.

A couple more pics of the D7 - this time they are in focus.

[/URL]

A close up of the drivers showing the LPZ tweeter, which gives excellent dispersion and the almost flat, Kevlar bass driver. Very interesting and effective. They are, also, quite an easy, efficient load at 90 dB, so you don't need a massive amp to drive them.

Priced at £3495 in standard cherry, light oak (in the top pic) black ash and dark walnut. £3995 in the Spendor dark or Spendor white.

The D7 in standard
    Last edited by hifi_dave; 18-07-2013 at 11:33.

I'm Dave.

As part of my Naim NOS sell off, I still have a NAC 282, which has never been used. Supplied with all unused accessories, packing etc, this pre has sat unused in my stock room and now just unpacked to be photographed.

The retail price is £4050 but this one is only £2200 and I will ship anywhere in the world.

I'm Dave.

This is the Funk F5 revised tonearm.

The F5 is now (slightly) revised and this is the first pic. Not much has changed as I can see, except the tonearm cable and plugs. I believe the slight change was to enable the tonearm to fit the Little Super Deck without touching the lid when shut and this it does.

The LSD with arm at £1100 (black or white) and £1164 with wood trim is a great little deck. Bags of get up and go, clean, dynamic and just good fun.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast