+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Radlett Audio blog (occasional) on The Art of Sound

I'm Neil.

Default Radlett Audio blog (occasional) on The Art of Sound

Well that isn't what the finance controllers would have said Dave.

On a more serious note some speakers would benefit from the extra power (my Royd RR3s need a lot more than a Brio R) so a good gap to fill with the Elex.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Dave.

You have to consider that for most people, the gap between Brio-r at £498 and Elicit-r at £1598 is too large a price difference. That's where the £898 Elex-r fits right in with price and spec.

I'm looking forward to it and have found another shelf in readyness..

I'm also eagerly anticipating the matching CD player and valve phono stage, though I won't be holding my breath.

I'm Dave.

Devialet have just announced an increase in power output for all current models. The upgrades can be downloaded for free from the Devialet site and increases the output of the various models so that the DV 110 becomes 120 watts, the DV 170 becomes 200 watts and the DV 240 becomes 250 watts.

I'm ChrisB.

That's fascinating Dave, I wonder how you can do that just by manipulating software? Amazing!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post
    That's fascinating Dave, I wonder how you can do that just by manipulating software? Amazing!
    Perhaps the software alters the bias setting.
    Barry

I'm Dave.

I'm not qualified to explain this but there is more about this on the Devialet website www.devialet.com. I believe it is something to do with heat management but don't quote me on that.

I'm Dave.

Just to let you good folks know that I have the complete Albarry amplifier range on permanent demonstration, including the fabulous M1108 mono-blocks.
    Last edited by hifi_dave; 10-05-2014 at 15:16.

I'm Paul.

Should that be "M1108" David?

I heard these on Wednesday and was blown away. Probably the very best sounding amplifiers I've ever heard. Neil Burnett is a design genius. These really do deserve to get far greater coverage than they currently enjoy so anyone close to David should get round there for a listen!

I'm Dave.

You are correct and I have now changed it to M1108.

If Neil was in the US, Japan, Italy or Germany etc, he would be worshipped as a Hi-Fi Guru. Unfortunately, in this country, his products are virtually unknown. What a shame but as 95% of his production is exported, it's just the UK missing out.

I'm Neil.

Same goes for a lot of UK HiFi brands. It's all down to marketing. In any case am glad you stock some of the more esoteric (in the UK) brands.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast