+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 53 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Radlett Audio blog (occasional) on The Art of Sound

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    Why is it that high-end Japanese equipment rarely gets the attention it deserves in the UK ? This Luxman gear is right up there with the best available but will barely get a mention in the mags or forums.

The Japanese are every bit as enthusiastic, probably more so, than the British enthusiast and they really know what they are doing but I know, from past experience, that it isn't going to be taken seriously. A great pity as this Luxman gear I now have here on loan is wonderful and the build is incredible. There isn't a company in the UK capable of building such electronics.
    HiFi News review it a lot and + has reviewed Luxman a number of times. I don't read Choice or World so I don't know what they have done.
    Regards Neil

I'm Dave.

Yes, they have but I found it a bit lukewarm. At least they measured the output of the amps and found they all give a lot more than the ratings. The online reviews just blindly quote the published specs, such as 30 wpc for the L-590AXII, when it is actually 125 wpc into 8 ohms.

I'm Dave.

The Luxman L-590AXII Class-a amplifier in all it's pristine glory.

I'm John.

Wonderfully coherent and controlled with a most beautiful treble presentation.

Weighs the same as a small car.

I'm Grant.

The Luxman L-590AXII Class-a amplifier in all it's pristine glory.
    thats the one.. lovely thing.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dave.

Sorry for delay but I have just returned from an unexpected 6 day stay in Addenbrookes hospital. Might have been caused by lugging this thing around.

I'm Robin.

Sorry for delay but I have just returned from an unexpected 6 day stay in Addenbrookes hospital. Might have been caused by lugging this thing around.
    Hope you are ok Dave. Feb. Seems a bummer month - had a heart attack myself earlier this month. All the best.
    Robin. mit ARC CD9, ARC ref 5 / darTZeel power + magico v2. Clearaudio Innovation wood / Phantom ll / Lyra Atlas / Aurorasound Vida,
    Stax 009S cans.KGGG headamp. all connected with wires. Auralic Aries - Aqua La Scala. Manley Absolute. Focal Stellias. HD800S Hyland headphones - Venus

I'm Dave.

Thank you Robin and hope you are recovering well.

It's amazing how you can be fit and well one day and then struck down with something hideous the next.

I'm Mike.

Hope you are ok now Dave.
    All the best
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Dave.

Thanks Mike.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 53 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast