+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Radlett Audio blog (occasional) on The Art of Sound

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    This is the Funk F5 revised tonearm.

The F5 is now (slightly) revised and this is the first pic. Not much has changed as I can see, except the tonearm cable and plugs. I believe the slight change was to enable the tonearm to fit the Little Super Deck without touching the lid when shut and this it does.

The LSD with arm at £1100 (black or white) and £1164 with wood trim is a great little deck. Bags of get up and go, clean, dynamic and just good fun.
    I know that arm. Other changes include the far more robust shiny instead of matt finish, and a cueing device which stops at the vertical and so doesn't foul the bearing block, and I take some credit for both. I have also achieved celebrity status by writing to the Oz distributor about setting the deck up - and may yet be a Youtube celebrity demming it. A US review, glowing in all other departments, and I rather feel probably just desperate for a bit of journalistic balance, noted its one shortcoming was the tricky setup. As a shaky handed presbyotic one-eyed bodger, I had managed to set up 2 F5's and an FX3 on a suspended deck (my PT) and offered my accreditation "as set up by Richard ". I might post the text of the email if you are nice to me

You may have noticed from other posts I think that arm is quite good. And before anyone says it, yes I accept the charge of bias

I'm Dave.

Just a quickie to let you know that I now stock Sonneteer products. A range of great British amps and a CD player. Pics to follow soon.

I'm Dave.

Pics as promised.

This is the Sonneteer Alabaster line level integrated amp, 55 wpc into 8 ohms, priced at £1500. Lovely, insightful, mellow sound with plenty of drive.

The Sedley MM and MC phono stage. Plenty of loading options. Sounds clean, dynamic and very quiet. Priced at £550 and there is a version inc USB output at £650. The USB option can be retro-fitted for £200.

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

I love the simple clean and symmetric lines of that amp David, very nice indeed. I would have preferred a perhaps subtler approach to the graphics, but that's me. Still love it though
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    I love the simple clean and symmetric lines of that amp David, very nice indeed. I would have preferred a perhaps subtler approach to the graphics, but that's me. Still love it though
    I have some black card you can fold over that, almost disapears agaisnt black case

Like the lights on my Naim 82, Whest, Naim 500, HiCaps, Rega Isis........
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Dave.

Typical British Hi-Fi styling and you should see the size of those knobs !!!

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    Typical British Hi-Fi styling and you should see the size of those knobs !!!
    Reminds me a little of a Lavardin, which I also like.

When (if) I move to Suffolk I might be able to come and have a listen to all your goodies
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Dave.

I can see the similarity.

You are very welcome here. You can join the Essex/Suffolk massive with the lads DSJR and Alex.

I'm Mike.

Reminds me a little of a Lavardin, which I also like.

When (if) I move to Suffolk I might be able to come and have a listen to all your goodies
    Look out for the Rega bug seems dangerous out that way
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMusic View Post
    Look out for the Rega bug seems dangerous out that way
    Too late. I think you'll find that Tim is already a fan.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast