+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 53 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Radlett Audio blog (occasional) on The Art of Sound

I'm Glen.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    Why is it that high-end Japanese equipment rarely gets the attention it deserves in the UK ? This Luxman gear is right up there with the best available but will barely get a mention in the mags or forums.

The Japanese are every bit as enthusiastic, probably more so, than the British enthusiast and they really know what they are doing but I know, from past experience, that it isn't going to be taken seriously. A great pity as this Luxman gear I now have here on loan is wonderful and the build is incredible. There isn't a company in the UK capable of building such electronics.
    Now you know what I was getting at Dave when I bought mine for my Harbeth's! Glad you like it and hopefully others will too...

Sorry to hear you've not been well, glad you're back in the listening chair!

I'm Dave.

It's not easy to get across to people just how special this Luxman gear is. It might look like other high quality Japanese electronics but the sound is way better than that.

Yes, now up and running again - well, not actually running, more of a saunter.

I'm Dave.

Some new items added to my 'Bargain Basement' section.

Worth pointing out that all listings, unless otherwise stated, are very lightly used, as new, demo or display units.

www.radlettaudio.co.uk

I'm Neil.

Bit late in saying I hope you are feeling ok Dave, only just read you were ill.
    Regards Neil

I'm Dave.

Thanks Neil. I've reached that certain age when everything is going wrong..

I'm Dave.

Yesterday, amongst other items, I listed a pair of Leak Mini Sandwich speakers, which might be of interest to AOS members. A sensible offer will secure.

I'm Grant.

not a bad speaker dave.. eliptical driver if memory serves. lovely
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dave.

Yes, an elliptical bass/mid driver and a 'sandwich' tweeter. I lusted after, longed for a pair of Leak Sandwich speakers and was saving like mad for a pair but never managing to put away enough but then along came the Mini Sandwich, which gave me some relief.

Remember the adverts with Harold Leak standing on a Sandwich cone to prove how rigid they were ?

I'm Dave.

The new Luxman D-05U CD player now on permanent demonstration.

I'm Dave.

I have a Goodmans Maxamp and matching tuner, a pair of Leak Mini Sandwich speakers and a new, in it's box Wharfedale Super 12 RSDD bass driver all finishing in just over a day on E-Bay. I will sell to AOS members and remove from E-Bay if anyone is interested.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 53 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast