+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Non oversampling DAC TD1543 DIR9001

I'm tony.

John,
    My DAC was dispatched yesterday, just wondering how yours is settling down?

I'm ILOB.

Sounding really nice I think you will like it just give a week sounds even better after 2 I think its up their with some serious DACs in the £500 mark
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm tony.

Great, I am really looking forward to getting it in place......Thanks!

I'm tony.

Got the DAC this morning plumbed it.....straight out the blocks it sounds very good indeed. Will give it a week or two to settle down. First impressions are that it sounds very natural and open. Needs a little more volume on the pre amp to replicate the level I usually listen at.

I'm ILOB.

The volume increases a bit over time I thought that initially it was lacking a bit of volume You should get more detail too in the top end over time
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

I'm tony.

lovely sounding dac straight out of the packaging....trying to wrong foot it with material, has not put a foot wrong so far.

I'm ILOB.

Just heard it through a reasonable Transport (Oppo 103EU using a USB stick with FLAC files) and the DAC is a real bargain, very impressed

I'm tony.

Its just good full stop.....had an extended period listening on my headphone rig.If this is it burning in then I am staggered by the performance regardless of the cost.

I'm ILOB.

Must admit I am surprised a few others are not trying this considered the cost It really is very good

I'm tony.

I suspect a number of factors,
    Cheap price
    Poor aesthetics
    Battery power malarkey
    and additionally a disbelief that an old chip set from ancient digital history can equal or surpass the modern equivalent.

I have now tried it with my quad 63s fed with a passive pre and temple mono block on each panel.

passive pre/mono block/ spendor sp1

same passive with valve monos between each set of speakers

and my headphone amp mf m1hpa/senn 650.

all the listening has done nothing but to reveal the DAC as one of the finest I have heard regardless of cost.

The next Scottish get together I will take the DAC along, all the members that attend are seasoned AOS members and are more importantly no bullshit music lovers.I will invite them to give an honest appraisal in the scheme of some very highly regarded DACs and experienced HI FI lovers ears.

It will certainly expose the wee French fancy to some serious competition, I am confident the troops wont pull any punches (regardless of how many strawberry tarts I take along)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast