+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Non oversampling DAC TD1543 DIR9001

I'm ILOB.

Bloody good I do not miss them at the moment and can hear a bit more detail in the treble coming through. Its hard to compare as 2 different approaches. Looking forward to hearing it with a better transport. That when I really can let you know how good it is
    I think doing without the stages and using battery power really seems to pay dividends and has the extra bonus of keeping the cost down
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm tony.

I had my eye on one of these for some time, keep me posted on developments as it would slot into my system happily. a steer towards a suitable trickle charger would be appreciated.
    thanks tony.

I'm ILOB.

I can send you one
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

I'm tony.

kind offer John. pm sent.

I'm tony.

placed an order for the dac last night, will share my findings once it has been in place for a while.

I'm ILOB.

yes give it a week before making any serious listening

I'm tony.

be a wee while before it gets to me.....really looking forward to it.

I'm Paul.

My Droplet CDP uses the same venerable NOS TDA 1543 DAC chips and I have to say it's one of my favourite DACs. That DAC in the link is great value.

I'm tony.

I have a battery powered temple audio bantum that I can plumb in to go completely mains free, my hunch is it will make a really nice combo with the spendors...we shall see!!!!
    I had done quite a bit of reading on dac chip sets and this wee French fancy had popped up a number of times, should be good fun.

I'm ILOB.

Works well with my Bantam and Baffles
    It does not like mp3 files that been upsampled to WAV I just discovered Thankfully I not have much music like this

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast