+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Optimising a Windows computer for audio playback.

I'm ILOB.

Try MQn its free and most people prefer it to Jplay
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm Gary.

Wee bit off-topic(ish) but worth mentioning I think.
    You can get good results with software, but I think its its well worth looking at how your server's powered? Get the "infrastructure" sorted first and I think you'll be in a better position to appreciate all the incremental tweaks software can bring.

Biggest jump for me recently was going "all linear" powered on a new server build.
    My previous box doubled as a games machine so had a standard (though very high quality) Seasonic ATX supply, as well as a fanless graphics card in there.
    Built a new one, all change.

Strictly music 'n movies, took the opportunity to rethink how it was powered.
    Added extra feeds from the balanced mains and I'm powering it with separate linear supply's for the MB, CPU and both SSD drives. Another one is powering my usb card.
    Its all hard wired fed directly from the balanced mains unit.
    Nice step up, I think improving the source is really making the most of the rest of my system.

Well worth having a think about imo, get rid of those switch mode power supplies!
    Last edited by Gazjam; 26-10-2013 at 10:37.

I'm ILOB.

Yes Tim reported similar benefits
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011